Sept 2021 Start Quality Assurance Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Base Line - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 167509BR Date posted 09/30/2020 City Harlow Country United Kingdom
Start: September 2021
Summary of Role:
Provision of Quality Assurance and operational improvement support for programmes and functional initiatives. Facilitate and drive the identification & implementation of required company and customer quality requirements, provide assurance that the defined quality and regulatory requirements are met. Drive and implement business improvements.
- Provide advice and guidance to assure customer requirements are met or exceeded during the lifecycle, ensuring the integrity of products and processes to satisfy business, customer and regulatory requirements through quality planning, programme auditing, product quality control.
- Manage containment, correction and corrective action on non-conformances.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with key stakeholders including customers, suppliers and internal teaming.
- Develop your coaching and facilitating skills by helping people deliver business and process improvements.
- Develop excellent problem solving and project management skills.
- Drive proactive improvement through audit and assessment of key process indicators and business management systems including analysis of findings, and identification of risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Be accountable for your decisions and actions.
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (any degree discipline)
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system
- Ability to relocate to different UK sites and relocate during the role if required
- Self-motivated, team orientated, but can work under their own initiative and take the lead when required.
- Flexible and able to draw out diverse opinions & ideas.
- Occasionally lead initiatives/teams.
- Excellent communicator - written, verbal and listening skills
- Successful candidates will need to complete a security clearance application
You will be assigned activities to develop your business process and product knowledge, and to continue developing your management competencies. Our development programme aims to provide knowledge and experience which supports application for chartered quality status.
We are looking for people who can quickly gain the trust and respect of their colleagues, suppliers and customers-this focuses as much on personality as it does in intellect.
With this in mind we are looking for people who...
- Enjoy coaching/facilitating to get the best out of teams and individuals.
- Enjoy problem solving, and have good analytical skills.
- Are excellent at developing and managing relationships.
- Enjoy helping other people and teams succeed.
- Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Promote continuous Improvement, through best practice, problem solving & education.
- Hold a quality qualification e.g. Strategic Quality Management, or have studied quality management during their degree or have gained experience during a work placement
- Hold a degree in a comparable compliance or business excellence field
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £28,000 salary + £2,500 bonus + twice yearly pay reviews during the first 2 years
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID:167509BR. Candidates need to submit a CV, cover letter and recent academic transcript.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.