Min $40K Sign-On Bonus: Lead Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 182426BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/20/2021 City Hanover State MD Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space is seeking a talented Principal Secure Systems Engineer subject matter expertto join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cybersecurity, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. This includes Cyber Security, Information Assurance (IA), Supply Chain Risk Management, and Anti-Tamper across several programs.
The candidate will develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of detailed analysis and investigation, ingenuity and creativity without appreciable direction. The Senior SSE will interact with senior personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with experience in Engineering (system, software, mechanical and/or embedded), and demonstrated ability to exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
*** US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A US SECURITY CLEARANCE AS OF DAY ONE OF EMPLOYMENT ***
- Minimum of 8+ years of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Design and Development in (HW/SW), Anti-Tamper, Cybersecurity or Software Assurance.
- Experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
- Ability to interact with customers to define requirements, solutions, trades, costs, implementation, system impacts, and effectiveness.
- Develop top-level system requirements, and flow down requirements and implementation concepts to subsystems
- Familiarity with sizing engineering efforts and bidding program pursuits
- Demonstrated working knowledge of secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies and guidelines.
- Experience with requirements development, analysis, derivations, verification and/or validation
- Must be able to represent security department and engage effectively with multidisciplinary teams of system design professionals including electrical, software, supply chain and logistics engineers
- ACTIVE Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain additional program-level special clearances
- Familiarity with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Experience with certification and accreditation of cryptographic, anti-tamper, and other security-related engineering products / systems
- Experience with multi-level security solutions
- Demonstrated organization, coordination, planning and teaming skills
- High degree of technical writing experience, in developing domain focused white papers, trade studies, and technical/policy documents in support of initiatives, programs and proposals.
- Knowledge of reverse engineering principles and methods
- Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39, including in-depth understanding of balancing risk across the System Security Engineering discipline and domain areas.
- Experience with DOORs
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level III compliant certification
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Advanced degree(s) preferred. A STEM degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent STEM major is required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.