Quality Engineer Co-op (Spring/Summer 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01469825 Most Recent Date Posted 08/31/2021 City Hampton State New Hampshire Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNH31: US030-Hampton, NH 94 Tide Mill Road , Hampton, NH, 03842 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
This position is for an Established Quality Engineering professional. Works as an individual contributor to set and achieve objectives for own area of responsibility. Influences process and planning decisions with knowledge and explanations of Quality Engineering policies, practices, and procedures.
- Conducts processes to modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
- Provides explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
- Provides analysis and recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
- Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
- Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
- Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
- Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
- Manages and maintains the calibration database and calibration activities.
- Reviews calibration certificates, including special processes equipment, for accuracy and compliance.
- Manages and maintains the internal periodic test (i.e. material, glycol, degreaser, etc.)
- Manages and controls the stamp process.
- Manages and maintains our ASL (Approved suppliers list) – i.e. reviews surveys for approval, manages the suppliers in the MRP system, perform suppliers quarterly reviews, etc.
- Assist in quality clinic activities (non-conformances, CA’s, containment, open DMR’s review,etc.)
- Participates in Phase Review meetings, as a quality representative.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms