Engineering Intern - (Summer 2022)Businesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01463719 Most Recent Date Posted 08/31/2021 City Hampton State New Hampshire Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HNH31: US030-Hampton, NH 94 Tide Mill Road , Hampton, NH, 03842 USA
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Engineering Intern will be a crucial role in evaluating production processes and products to determine
and correct problem root causes, improve process efficiency and ensure compliance with customer specifications. Review assigned products/projects
with the key objective to reduce manufacturing costs and implement latest technology best practice.
- Develops and implements quality improvement and problem prevention procedures to continuously improve process efficiency, reduce quality problems, and ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Consults with plant management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
- Investigates alternative process materials/equipment to reduce overhead cost, improve efficiency, reduce maintenance cost and reduce safety risks.
- Investigates alternative materials such as extrusions/castings/forgings to reduce raw material costs and manufacturing time.
- Seeks and evaluates input from manufacturing aimed at reducing costs, improving quality, and increasing throughput.
- Works with systems to develop meaningful reports to assist manufacturing, quality and estimating.
- Reviews new designs for manufacturability, equipment needs and process procedure creation.
- Performs job review which includes process routers, bill of materials and drawings before lot and or job release.
- Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, and must be able to work independently.
- Demonstrate integrity, professionalism, and sound judgment: All designees must possess and maintain a reputation in the aviation industry, their
profession, and the community for a high degree of integrity, honesty, professionalism, dependability, sound judgment, and a cooperative attitude.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in a highly regulated industry, especially aerospace.
- Well organized with solid judgment; able to multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Experience with ERPs- preferably EPICOR.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms