Sr Field Engineer I Power Generation TechnicianBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177279BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Halmstad State Sweden Country United States
The Power Generation Technician will use his in depth knowledge, field experience, and Depot level skills related to diesel powered generators to perform the refurbishment and sustainment of the Lechmotoren and Deutz Engine 150kW, 30kW and 15kW power generation equipment used with the Patriot System. This will include disassembly, cleaning, modification (as required), refurbishment and reassembly of power generator assemblies in accordance with applicable technical manuals (TMs) and refurbishment and upgrade procedures. Generator Tech must perform depot level diagnostic, fault isolation and repair capability for Lechmotoren generators. The Senior Power Generation Technician is also responsible for the disassembly, refurbishment, overhaul and re-assembly of the assigned engines and generators.
Generator Tech must perform maintenance inspections and repairs, to include parts ordering in accordance with applicable technical manuals and procedures. Must also complete records, maintain tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and refurbishment activities. Additional responsibilities will include the initial setup and facilitization of the in-country work location required for the refurbishment effort. May work with, train, and advise local hire maintenance personnel on operational and technical aspects of aforementioned equipment. Must observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment. This position is a short term, unaccompanied assignment located in Sweden.
- A graduate of the US Army Power Generation Equipment Repairer (MOS 52D) course or a graduate of a technical school or manufacturer's course of instruction on diesel power generation equipment, or equivalent On-the-Job Training (OJT) or work experience in troubleshooting, fault isolation, disassembly, repair, assembly and checkout of power generation equipment
- Demonstrated experience with complete overhaul and refurbishment of Mobile Electric Power (MEP) Generator sets used with the Patriot Missile System.
- Demonstrated experience performing Diesel Engine rebuild and Dynameter testing of rebuilt engines.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with electro-mechanical troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair of 15, 30, or 150kW diesel powered power generation equipment and air conditioners.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting, fault isolation and repair of various types of air conditioning units. Skill in the use of engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, general purpose commercial test equipment and common tools is required.
- Proficiency in the English language, spoken and written.
- Demonstrated ability to test generators under changing load conditions for variations in performance to ensure all specifications are met or exceeded
- Functionally test generators after making repairs to assure compliance with design specifications and standards
- Individuals must possess mechanical skills including experience with the use of common hand and powered tools, fixtures, templates, and associated refurbishment and modification equipment
- Demonstrated basic computer skills for record keeping and parts requisition
- Must be able to obtain a Sweden Work Visa
- Graduate of applicable Lechmotoren power generation equipment repair course
- Graduate of diesel powered power generation equipment repair course
- Demonstrated experience with Lechmotoren diesel powered 15, 30, or 150kW generators
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of the Patriot refurbishment, modification, and system integration process
- Demonstrated knowledge of Patriot peculiar Technical Manuals and associated drawings, schematics, and publications
- Demonstrated ability to interact with leadership effectively – including customer, Raytheon, teammates, and suppliers
- Previous experience in International Patriot FMS Programs
- Raytheon Six Sigma certified
- Experience living and working in an overseas location
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.