MIR Sr Field Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 178587BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/08/2021 City Halmstad State Sweden Country United States
The Major Item Repairman (MIR) is a member of the System Integration and Checkout (SICO) Team. As part of the SICO team, the MIR will assist in the unpacking, inventory and inspection of the MEIs. In addition, the MIR will perform diagnostic checks, maintenance, and repair of the Major End Items (MEIs) to prepare them for Fire Unit and Battalion SICO. The MIR will assist in isolating complex electronic problems between the hardware, software and Battery Replaceable Units (BRUs) using a variety of electronic repair and fault isolation procedures such as system diagnostics, unit self checks, BITE, and tools and test equipment. This position is a 1 year unaccompanied assignment located in Sweden.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation, sustainment and operations of the Patriot Missile System Radar equipment with five years of experience.
- Trained and Knowledgeable in the operation, sustainment and troubleshooting procedures of the Patriot System.
- Knowledge with the operational/analytical software used on the Patriot System.
- Experienced in using Engagement Control Station (ECS) troubleshooting software aids Status Monitor, Switch 9, System Exerciser and Radar Action Cycler, in order to distinguish between digital and analog problems.
- Knowledge in the utilization of common industry external test equipment, such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power meters, frequency counters, spectrum and digital analyzers.
- Successful completion of a Patriot System Intermediate Maintenance Course for MOS 27X/94S/948D6D or an equivalent course of instruction on a similar electronic system conducted by the military or the system contractor.
- Demonstrated experience with Department of the Army Modification Work Order (DAMWO) installations, to include system integration and checkout.
- Must be able to work in extreme environments and lift 50 pounds.
- A Secret Security Clearance is required.
- Applicant must be able to secure a Sweden work Visa.
- Minimum of six (6) years Patriot maintenance experience working on Configuration II/ III Patriot Equipment.
- Demonstrated experience with Raytheon Quality Control procedures and the Patriot refurbishment, modification, and System Integration and Check-Out (SICO) process.
- Experience using program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes.
- Demonstrated experience with Contractor Logistics Support and comprehensive planning skills.
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills. Strong interpersonal skills with special focus on achieving active participation of appropriate individuals across the business.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Project. Demonstrated experience with training of team members.
- Previous experience in International Patriot Programs and living and working in an overseas location.
- Bachelors Degree with 6 years of related experience, or Associates Degree with 10 years experience or HS Diploma/GED with 14 years of related experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.