Senior Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 173271BR Most Recent Date Posted 03/30/2021 City Manchester Country United Kingdom
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
Summary of the role:
Work as a leading engineer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business areas.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and run code using industry best practice. You will help in defining the evolvement of best practice, and in the supporting of estimation activities. You may be asked to assume the role of scrum master and manage sprint ceremonies.
- You will potentially have a project leadership role/Technical lead. Your decisions will be of significant value and will contribute to the overall success of the project and wider programme.
- Perform first line peer reviews and provide direction and guidance around the review
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
- Regularly provide technical direction within your team; you will be able to think strategically to give the reasons for aim and direction.
- Architect solutions to design and develop new product functionality
- Some projects require that the role also includes line management responsibilities although not all. For a role requiring line management responsibilities key responsibilities will include effective line management of Software Engineers in your team (typically 2-3).
- Accountable for the software produced by your staff.
- Significant experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
- For roles including line management responsibilities previous line management experience of a similar teams of similar size is required
Desirable skills of interest
- Experience of developing using Cloud services using either AWS or Azure with relevant professional certification
- Experience building enterprise level web applications or services
- Significant experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems and architecting solutions.
- Docker / Kubernetes / GoLang containerisation and orchestration (developer)
- Scrum Master qualification or equivalent experience.
- Infrastructure as code (e.g Terraform)
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Puppet / Chef / Jenkins / CI pipelines
- Apache KAFKA
- Experience of applying Software Architecture Patterns.
- Infrastructure as code technologies and cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Big Data technologies
- Python (cyber)
- Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training. The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice schemes
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so highlight any request to our Recruitment team
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing toDV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 173271BR
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.