Technical Support Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Job ID 171178BR Date posted 11/06/2020 City Goleta State CA Country United States
Raytheon Intelligence & Space Vision Systems in Goleta California is seeking a Technical Support Engineer to support various Dewar assembly manufacturing processes within the Vision Systems Manufacturing Center. We are looking for an experienced Technician to support the existing manufacturing packaging processes for Visible and IR camera systems. The selected candidate will work as part of a team to improve industrial processes in order to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and improve profitability. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and make data inspired decisions toward process development and improvement assignments.
• Developing, configuring and optimizing dewar packaging processes from inspection to production readiness certification
• Monitor process inputs and perato process defects.
• Running, testing and upgrading systems and processes
• Monitor and sustain process SPC
• Assist in developing best practices, routines and creative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output
• Provide process documentation and operating instructions
• Train production operation staff on process control requirements.
• Minimum 2+ years of related technical experience with a Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 6 years with an Associate’s degree or a minimum of 10 years of experience with a high school diploma.
• Demonstrated work experience in supporting process engineering or manufacturing engineer function.
• Familiarity of Statistical software packages such as JMP, or Minitab
• Ability to obtain a security clearance within 1 year of start date.
• Experience with Defense and Aerospace production environments
• Familiarity with Class 5 cleanroom and contamination control
• Experience with one or more of the following; wirebonding, precision alignment of camera systems, vacuum and accelerated life testing, vacuum soldering, adhesives and adhesives dispense.
• Automated assembly process support.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years related experience
Associate’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of related experience
High school diploma with a minimum of 10 years related experience.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.