Sr Support Test TechnicianBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 190356BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/19/2021 City Goleta State CA Country United States
Candidate position is for factory support in the B08 Production Facility in Goleta, California, involved in the packaging of IR detectors for high reliability space, military and commercial applications. The successful candidate will train to become a skilled electro-mechanical technician in a variety of processes as assigned by management.
Technicians will train under a Senior Technician or Lead or process engineer depending on the skill set requirements and sensitivity of the operation involved. The successful candidate will work well with others, be able to effectively communicate in English with other operators, management/supervision, process engineers and other support staff.
Rigorous attention to detail and the ability to read and follow production paperwork and work instructions in English is required.
A self-motivated, self-disciplined individual is the ideal candidate for this position. Ability to work with individuals and teams outside the department will be required. Tasks will involve working in a factory/lab environment working with chemicals (epoxies, adhesives, solvents, etc.) and following rigorous disciplined methodologies and instructions. Technicians will be expected to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and strictly follow all safety related processes, procedures and protocols.
Most work will be performed during day shift (first shift), but occasional overtime and weekend support may be required in order to meet customer/program needs. The exact hours worked will be negotiated with the employee and management to obtain an acceptable work-life balance. This is a full-time (minimum 40 hours per week) position.
Due to the ITAR nature of the process, materials and technical data, all candidates must be a U.S. person.
- Minimum requirements are high school diploma and 6 years of experience in jobs requiring attention to detail and compliance with verbal and written direction from management.
- Technicians are required to communicate in English and be able to understand written and verbal instruction in English.
- Technicians are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, coveralls (typically just a lab coat for the B8 activities), latex or equivalent gloves, etc.) and be able to work extended periods of time in an environmentally controlled environment. Other PPE may be assigned for special processes such as placing parts into or taking them out of a curing oven, working with cryogenic liquids. Safety training is provided by the company for all hazardous operations. All PPE will be provided by Raytheon and must be worn or used in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Technicians must be able to use general lab equipment like meters, power supplies, and small hand-held tools (tweezers, screw drivers, etc.).
- The ability to use a computer to access work instructions, perform data entry and complete on-line training is required.
- Experience in Excel, configuration / data management, and electronic test equipment is required.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Previous experience working in a technical field, around ESD sensitive parts is a plus.
- Training and practical experience available as on the job training as required by the individual needs of the candidate.
- Understanding of FOD and FOD reduction methods and concerns would be a big plus.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.