Sr. Analog Digital Electrical EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 176041BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/06/2021 City Goleta State CA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Sr. Analog/Digital Engineer to support our Electronic Warfare (EW) programs. This Position is located in Goleta California.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated expertise in Analog/Digital Design including Analog & Digital Modeling/Simulation. This group designs electronic hardware utilizing Analog, Digital, and Power modules. Efforts include development of Analog/Mixed-Signal, & Digital modules using state of the art circuit simulation and modeling tools. The candidate will be capable of performing Analog/Digital & sub-system modeling to provide our customers with performance evaluations of our EW Subsystems that are installed on various airborne, shipboard, and UAV platforms. The candidate will have demonstrated expertise with Analog circuit modeling and simulation with analog subsystems, modules, and components using Spice, Simplis (or equivalent design tools), & will be capable of performing signal integrity of circuit/layout designs.. Familiarity with worst-case circuit design analysis is desired. The candidate will have demonstrated development of complex circuit cards. Experience with circuit design using FPGAs and RF System on Chip (RFSoC) devices is desired.
Efforts will also include verification and validation testing support of prototype and production designs. Efforts will include test planning to support development of Analog & Digital Subsystem/Modules.. The position will also performs technical & cost trade studies, and product selection for commercially available components. All designs incorporate Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) techniques including simulation and prototyping necessary to validate the simulations and to develop statistical margins.
Candidates will be expected to provide recommendations and solutions to a variety of technical problems of appropriate scope and complexity, and working independently or in small groups. Successful candidates should expect to be immersed in a fast-paced, team-based, and challenging technical environment where an individual with talent and initiative can stand out and thrive.
The candidate will work in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop, simulate, document, support, debug, and test various types of digital, and mixed-signal, power circuit, and other interface circuit level / board level designs. The candidate will be expected be the responsible engineer for the design and development of circuit cards and modules, working with teams of 2-4 engineers, including Mechanical, Electrical, & Test Engineering, and will have responsibility for meeting the design cost and schedule budgets, and for preparing and delivering design reviews of their designs .
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Electrical Engineering RF circuit design & development, or 2 years with a Masters Degree
- Must have experience and proven background in the development of detailed circuit design & simulation for RF modules and circuitry
- Must have a detailed understanding of Digital Devices (transceivers & communication devices) Oscillators, ADCs, DACs, power regulators and conditions, BIT/Status circuits, and other analog and digital modules/components.
- Must have experience using Analog test equipment such as Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, Waveform Generators, Power Supplies, BERT (Bit Error Rate Testing), Logic Analzyers, and high-speed Oscilloscopes
- Current experience with the listed design tools such as, Spice, ADS, MATLAB, Simplis, and/or Schematic/Layout tools
- Experience effectively partnering with internal resources, and customer focused
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position requires DoD U.S. Security Clearance within 1st year of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Familiarity with EMI/EMC Design practices for digital circuits, and/or testing to Mil-Std-461 test requirements is a strong plus.
- Mentor Board Station and Expedition Schematic/Layout
- Advocate for process improvement (e.g. CMMI and Six Sigma); experience building strong relationships and effectively partnering with internal resources; customer focused
- RF circuit design and modeling
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience using Earned Value Management System (EVMS) project management/accounting
- Bachelor of Science degree in STEM ( Electrical Engineering or Physics, or equivalent)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.