Signal Processing Systems Engineer / Advanced RF / EWSBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 166184BR Date posted 08/05/2020 City Goleta State CA Country United States
The Raytheon Intelligence & Space - Systems Engineering - EW Electronic Protect Department is seeking talented and collaborative Systems Engineers to join the Advanced RF Section to support Integration & Test (I&T) efforts for innovative demonstration technology solutions to ensure warfighter advantage. The selected candidate will have opportunities to engage in cutting-edge technology development across the Advanced Concepts & Technologies (ACT) mission area. Responsibilities will include deriving new algorithms for Threat System Identification, FPGA and ASIC Digital Design for new architectures, and simulation and test of prototype hardware.
Electronic Warfare Systems – Products line; News; Videos: Electronic Warfare Capabilities.
We innovate across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. We march towards a simple vision – one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, choose our RI&S Systems Team if you are looking for an employer that values your career interests as much as your personal values. We offer very competitive compensation packages including Relocation Assistance and Sign-On Bonus.
- Minimum 6 years of related Systems Engineering experience
- Strong hands-on experience with Integration and Test activities at the component, board and box levels to include troubleshooting and analysis in a lab setting as well as at formal live test events
- Strong background and experience with RF HW component level design, development and test
- Experience with defining test objectives, test cases and test reports and participating in formal test preparation and events such as Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) and field tests
- Experience in mixed signal, RF and communications systems development and research
- Experience using MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience with Digital Design of FPGAs and/or ASICs
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing in areas of Software Defined Radio, Multi-rate Signal Processing or Digital Communications
- Experience with Algorithm Development in the area of Signal Detection, Kalman Filtering and/or Machine Learning
- Occasional business travel is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance.
- Background in Electronic Warfare (ES,EA, or EP).
- Experience addressing complex technical and operational issues.
- Experienced presenter preparing and presenting reports and briefings both orally and written.
- Experience in the preparation/revision of test documentation (plan, procedures and reports).
- Experience developing models for RF modules/devices.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with investigation within five years.
Become a part of a growing department with 100+ engineers supporting 2 mission areas across 5 national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation. We know you can choose any company to work for. Explore all options then choose us. We do work that matters. We offer endless global career development and growth opportunities. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages. We employ some really cool, fun and innovative people. We work every day to foster an inclusive workplace that embraces all our differences—like race, gender, physical ability or sexual orientation—as opportunities to expand global growth, build competitive advantage and drive enterprise collaboration. #OwnTheSpectrum
Join our EWS Talent Community: https://rtn.co.EWS_TACommunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics discipline.
- Master’s / Ph.D degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics discipline.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.