RF Lead Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167512BR Date posted 09/07/2020 City Goleta State CA Country United States
Raytheon Electronic Warfare (EW) Systems Engineering department in Goleta has an immediate opening for a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) position. This role requires an exceptional degree of ingenuity, and resourcefulness. A background in RADAR or EW is also . include guiding multi-disciplinary teams, developing , and advanced technical to meet the warfighter's evolving . The LSE has ownership of the system throughout its lifecycle, from concept development and requirements derivation to production, sustainment, evolution, and end-of-life.
As part of the Advanced Concepts and Technology (ACT) group, the LSE will focus on tasks which revolutionary and evolutionary innovations. These innovations are identified and matured in with other system engineering , chief engineers, engineering fellows, and other disciplines, as well as with the . Representative activities include algorithm development, modeling and simulation, design of RF components and circuit cards, digital and mixed-signal ICs and circuit cards, modules, cooling , mechanical structures, embedded software, FPGAs, and the associated verification activities.
We and teamwork, , integrity, and continuous improvement. Employees at Raytheon receive an industry-leading benefits package to include paid time off, employer 401k contributions and 401k matching, insurance options, parental leave, tuition reimbursement and advanced degree programs, and more.
Electronic Warfare Systems – Products line; News; Videos: Electronic Warfare Capabilities.
Become a part of a growing department with 100+ engineers supporting multiple mission areas across 5 national locations. Continue to advance in your career with our established career roadmap where you can function as a key individual contributor or technical lead of one of our products. With over 50 active programs, there are multiple opportunities for hands-on integration and test of our products, design and development of subsystem architectures and algorithm development of EW capabilities in signal identification and technique generation. We offer Relocation Assistance and Sign-On Bonus.
Join our EWS Talent Community: https://rtn.co.EWS_TACommunity
- Minimum 10 related system engineering experience in EW or Radar programs including prior experience.
- Minimum 8 in RF development/research and production for defense applications
- Knowledge of RF/Microwave and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies
- verbal skills with ability to present data and explain results to & customers
- Familiarity using RF/Microwave test equipment such as a Network Analyzer with calibrations kits, Spectrum Analyzer, Signal Generator, RF Meter, Oscilloscope
- Familiarity of the following RF/Microwave concepts & terminology: dB, dBc, dBi, dBm, Bandwidth, EIRP, G/T, Gain, Gain Compression, Gain Flatness, Intermodulation Products, Isolation, Noise Figure, Phase & Amplitude Settling, Phase Noise, Return Loss, Spurious, Third Order Intercept, and VSWR
- Prior experience with cross product teams in a multiple stakeholder
- Experience in EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and development.
- Meaningful knowledge of RF/Microwave and system and subsystem-level analysis methodologies and presentation skills with the ability to interface with senior level executives and .
- Ability to effectively lead teams of technical experienced professionals to resolve challenging technical problems.
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams to include Mechanical, Electrical and Software.
- Experience working with subcontractors for product development.
- Detailed knowledge and ability to to meet the warfighter’s .
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with (or within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance.
- Occasional business travel is .
- Experience in new business development for advanced technology, including direct customer interface and a familiarity with the DoD Science and Technology community.
- Proposal management, from initial pursuit and capture planning to proposal delivery.
- Knowledge of open systems architectures.
- Able to develop near- and long-term IRAD to align with strategy and technology roadmaps.
- Deep understanding of the underlying phenomenology of RF Hardware and Digital Signal Processing.
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS)
- Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with teaching and instruction in a technology field.
- Top Secret security clearance and Special Access – SAP/SAR.
Required Education (including major):
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
Desired Education (including major):
- Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.