Manufacturing Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 177151BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Goleta State CA Country United States
Focal Plane Operations at Vision Systems is searching for a Manufacturing Engineer II. Responsible for the oversite and assembly of Focal Plane Modules from implementation of design to shipment. Provide engineering support for the manufacturing factory, interpret engineering drawings and specifications into build plans, create schedules and oversee nonrecurring and recurring tasks to support program builds. Create and maintain Bill of Materials, generate planning documents, develop process and tooling activities, review and disposition discrepant material, manage budgets, interface with manufacturing personnel, lead problem solving efforts and corrective actions.
Additional responsibilities include:
Disposition non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis as required. Perform operator training, as required. Perform and support First Article Inspections assuring hardware meets all quality requirements flowed down from the program. Conduct process audits to assure compliance. Create and update work instructions for use by manufacturing operations. Participate in the design of fixtures and tooling. Engage with factory area leads to address systemic issues and provide root cause/corrective action/preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience with Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and assembly of mechanical and electronic assemblies.
- Must be self-motivated and possess good written communication skills, especially in documenting processes for assembly.
- Able to relay concepts for tooling design, and design for manufacturability to design functions.
- Knowledge of creating bill of materials, assembly planning and work instructions.
- Computer literate in common applications: Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work varying assignments.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task in a production environment.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data system
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Project).
- Working knowledge of military and commercial manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, Six Sigma and statistical techniques.
- Experience in implementing Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments to resolve design and manufacturing related issues.
- Ability to work with Integrated Product Team to ensure schedule and technical issues are resolved.
Required Education (Bachelors in STEM):
Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.