Electronic Warfare Subject Matter ExpertBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167276BR Date posted 08/25/2020 City Goleta State CA Country United States
Electronic Warfare Systems – Products line; News; Videos: Electronic Warfare Capabilities
- Guides and directs other assigned Engineering leads to achieve program and technical success.
- Provides Engineering authority to all decisions impacting product integrity, system performance, and system functionality.
- Supports coordination across program engineering throughout the entire product life cycle. Fosters “systems” thinking across the various technical disciplines.
- Responsible for the proposed technical solution and establishment of technical baseline artifacts planned throughout the program lifecycle.
- Establishes and maintains the program technical baseline, ensuring the product is optimized to meet the contractual needs and can be executed within program budget and schedule.
- Define algorithms to support the optimization of system performance and operations by applying fundamental radar principles and modeling electronic countermeasure (ECM) techniques
- Actively collaborate with team members across a multi-disciplined organization to refine and mature system design and promote distribution of knowledge
- Partnering with engineers across multiple disciplines to define unified approaches to quantify impacts of payloads (radar, electronic support measures, electronic attack), weapons and tactics on system survivability and mission effectiveness
- Develop systems architecture that can support engagement of emerging complex threats and operations
- Deriving system requirements and design solutions
- Generate/Conduct simulations of threat systems, EW subsystems and components supporting technology maturation
- Actively participate in definition of team objectives and provide solutions to complex technical tasks including system design decisions involving trade studies, requirements allocation, and verification methods
- Provide support for programs through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to continuously adapt to changing business needs
- Regular business travel is required.
- Minimum of 12 years engineering experience in Electronic Warfare or Radar systems with at least 6 years in a lead position.
- Demonstrated ability at interfacing with senior-level leaders, external customers, multi-disciplined engineering team members, and technical consultants in a fast paced setting.
- Skilled in proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items.
- Working knowledge with ground based and airborne threat signals of interests.
- Mission and CONOPS Analysis
- Experience in cost/schedule development and management (EVMS).
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Experience in deploying a rigorous Integrated Product Development Process.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Experience with Export/Import Compliance as Systems Security.
- Working knowledge of software/firmware development embedded on target hardware.
- System level architecture & modeling experience.
- Testing with real/simulated threats and flight testing.
- Experience with digital implementations of EW receive components.
- Experience performing system analysis of complex data processing systems & proven performance analysis skills, fault isolation investigation skills in characterizing, monitoring & tuning data processing systems.
- Successful Hardware development background including but not limited to RF, Processor, and/or Power Supply designs.
- Experience in EW/RF/Microwave Systems design and development.
- Familiarity with requirements management tool such as Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink.
- Bachelor’s degree in related Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
- Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Department of +100 engineers supporting 2 mission areas across 7 national locations supporting products deployed across the globe
- Educational assistance and development programs to support career roadmaps as a leader or technical contributor
- Employee Resource Groups, community outreach programs for personal growth and development
- Cultural hub, population 32K+, that includes pristine beaches, award-winning wineries, health care excellence and historic venues
- Year-round 70° climate, cultural festivals and events, scenic trails, drives and views throughout Santa Barbara community.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.