Solution ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Base Line Relocation eligible No Job ID 169813BR Date posted 10/16/2020 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK, in a Technical Leadership role.This role is to develop exciting leading edge, innovative training solutions from the initial concept phase through to full roll-out to our Customers.There will be an opportunity to shape and influence the development methods, working in collaboration with world class partners and Customer.
- Discover, define and evolve strategic architectures for complex software based training systems applicable at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own the architectural roadmap for Training, considering the horizons required to support current and future Customers’ needs.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure architecture designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals
- Act as Design Authority for Raytheon UK’s Training Architecture and Solutions
- Communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at enterprise level architecture reviews
- Act as technical focal point for Training Solutions.
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and incorporate into architecture roadmaps as applicable
- Bring technical context of the wider business to Training Solutions.
- Promote and share technical decisions and choices made with the wider business
- Set the architectural guard rails for Training Solutions
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. You will have extensive skills in most of the following areas:
- Designing software for critical applications. Particularly designing for high availability, scale and resilience of digital training platforms.
- Experience in the design of training solutions providing mixed technologies including: emulation, simulation, scenario generation, immersion, mixed reality, with modern methods to measure effectiveness.
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience building enterprise level applications or services
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience Working within a SAFe delivery construct
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques
- Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential
- Evidence of on-going professional development
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists, Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.