Solution ArchitectBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 185902BR Most Recent Date Posted 10/17/2021 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Location: Gloucester OR Manchester OR London
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies. You will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations.
Main duties of the position
To be the lead / senior architect for a particular domain or department responsible for mission critical software solutions. You will be part of a leadership team collaborating with agile software teams.
- Discover, Define and evolve strategic architectures for complex software based systems applicable at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own the architectural roadmap for your domain, considering the horizons required to support your Product Manager
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure architecture designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals
- Act as an Architectural Design Authority for the domain and able to communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at enterprise level architecture reviews
- Act as technical focal point for your domain
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and incorporate into architecture roadmaps as applicable
- Bring technical context of the wider business to your domain
- Promote and share technical decisions and choices made in your domain with the wider business
- Set the architectural guard rails for your domain
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. They will have extensive skills in the following areas:
- Designing software for critical applications. Particularly designing for high availability, scale and resilience.
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience building enterprise level applications or services
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience Working within a SAFe delivery construct
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience of Big Data Technologies
- Experience in secure development techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organization and prioritization skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel if required
About Raytheon UK
Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.