Solution Architect (Contract)Businesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC - Current Relocation eligible No Job ID 169153BR Date posted 10/13/2020 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK, in a Technical Leadership role.This role is to develop exciting leading edge, innovative training solutions from the initial concept phase through to full roll-out to our Customers.There will be an opportunity to shape and influence the development methods, working in collaboration with world class partners and Customer.
- Discover, define and evolve strategic architectures for complex software based training systems applicable at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own the architectural roadmap for Training, considering the horizons required to support current and future Customers’ needs.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure architecture designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals
- Act as Design Authority for Raytheon UK’s Training Architecture and Solutions
- Communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at enterprise level architecture reviews
- Act as technical focal point for Training Solutions.
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and incorporate into architecture roadmaps as applicable
- Bring technical context of the wider business to Training Solutions.
- Promote and share technical decisions and choices made with the wider business
- Set the architectural guard rails for Training Solutions
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. They will have extensive skills in the following areas:
- Designing software for critical applications. Particularly designing for high availability, scale and resilience of digital training platforms.
- Experience in the design of training solutions providing mixed technologies including: emulation, simulation, scenario generation, immersion, mixed reality, with modern methods to measure effectiveness.
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
- Experience building enterprise level applications or services
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience Working within a SAFe delivery construct
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison to find optimum solution
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to travel if required
- Degree in Numerate Subject or equivalent industry experience essential
- Evidence of on-going professional development
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.