Sept 2021 Start Software Engineering Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible No Job ID 167651BR Date posted 09/30/2020 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Gloucester with travel to other locations for training and business requirements
Start Date: September 2021
Summary of Role:
We have a wide range of vacancies in our rapidly growing Software Development Team. We operate an Agile/Scrum methodology, and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. You will receive training, both formal and on-the-job from experienced engineers to help you become a well-rounded professional.
To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Document designs and advise on product support material.
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues.
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base.
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards.
- Be involved in, committed to, and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
During the first 2 years, in addition to your main role, you’ll be assigned various modules to support your career development. These range from business skills to team building activities.
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (any software, computing, engineering, maths, science or technology discipline where candidates need to demonstrate a strong passion and interest in developing a software career)
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system
- Ability to travel to different UK sites and relocate to another site during the role if required
- Willing to undergo the highest level of security clearance (Developed Vetting).
Skills in one or more of the following:
- Java or C# application development
- Oracle based development (Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, DBA skills)
- Experience of Cloudera Hadoop including HDFS, Flume, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Accumulo, Spark
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £28,000 salary + twice yearly pay reviews
- £2,500 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID:167651BR. Candidates need to submit a CV, cover letter and recent academic transcript.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.