Sept 2021 Start Finance Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Job ID 167343BR Date posted 09/30/2020 City Harlow Country United Kingdom
Req ID: 167343BR
Location(s): Rotational across UK sites.
Start: September 2021
Summary of Role:
At Raytheon UK we are proud to have developed a skilled workforce which is a leader in technological innovation across cyber and intelligence, aerospace and defence. However, it’s not just our technology that pushes boundaries, our finance team is always going above and beyond to deliver a quality service to the business and enable excellence through strong financial leadership.
Our Finance Graduate Leadership Develop Programme provides the opportunity to experience a series of placements across the spectrum of finance disciplines: accounting, pricing, financial planning and analysis, strategy, operations and business finance.
Working in our finance team is not just about producing numbers, it’s about understanding what drives them and making complex financial issues easy to understand.
Training and development
- You’ll be supported through the CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) professional qualification
- Outward bound team building events to develop collaboration and communication
- Offsite training days focused on understanding your learning and communication preferences and developing presentation skills, business acumen and strategic thinking
- Career surgeries and coaching to help you develop your personal brand and shape your career
We expect a lot from our Graduates, but in return you will be part of a culture at Raytheon that rewards success:
- Talent development – several recent Graduates have gone on to be part of the global Raytheon Leadership Development Programme that involves a series of modules in the US
- Advancement opportunities – many past Graduates and Trainees are now in various managerial and leadership roles within Finance
- Six monthly pay reviews during the 2 year Graduate scheme based on individual performance, pay reviews based on exam performance and performance in role
- Mentoring opportunities to help you leverage the experience of others to challenge yourself and think differently
You could find yourself pricing a new bid for the latest Raytheon technology, helping a Programme Manager at our state of the art Cyber Security centre better understand their finances or helping a Business Director control the finances of their department. There is a strong Graduate presence in the Finance function with a regular Forum for our Graduates, Apprentices and Trainees to share experiences, ideas, study tips and learn more about the business and industry.
Feedback – What our Graduates say
Don’t just take our word for it though:
“The Finance Graduate Programme acted as the perfect vehicle to prepare me for a career in finance, whilst also maintaining an attentive focus towards attaining CIMA qualification. Throughout the programme, the 3 finance departmental rotations that I was exposed to provided me with invaluable experiences and networking opportunities that made the transition into work a seamless process. In addition, it also supplied me with a range of skills and understanding that will be useful and applicable during the remainder of my career at Raytheon UK and whatever may lie beyond.
“The guidance and support that is provided towards obtaining the CIMA qualification cannot be faulted. Raytheon UK consistently facilitate the best CIMA study programmes that are currently available and the friendly faces in the finance team are always more than to happy help and provide guidance that may be required to ensure that the CIMA qualification is achieved in the most efficient and stress-free way possible” – Sam, 2016 Graduate
“I was pleasantly surprised by the genuine interest and investment managers and business leaders take in developing you! There is a real learning culture at Raytheon and this has helped me to build on and gain knowledge of a variety of finance principles and practices, that I know I will be invaluable throughout my career. My confidence in dealing with senior stakeholders has been boosted through exposure and ownership of tasks and relationships with key contacts both within the UK & US. As well as this, structured and balanced study support from both managers and colleagues is readily on hand, which allows me to make clear connections between CIMA study material and theory and the day to day work I perform”- Tom, 2018 Graduate
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (finance or business finance related degree discipline)
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system
- Ability to relocate to different UK sites and relocate during the role if required, plus travel when needed for training, or for business requirements
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a security clearance application
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- £28,000 + £2,500 joining bonus + twice yearly pay review in first 2 years
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID:167343BR. Candidates need to upload a CV, cover letter and recent academic transcript
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.