Senior Software EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 173267BR Date posted 12/22/2020 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Looking for something different in your career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester or Manchester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
We are always continuing to try to improve our systems with new projects becoming available to work on with cutting-edge tech. You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
This is an opportunity to innovate and try new things; to fearlessly challenge and question; to learn and progress in an inclusive and supportive culture; to be rewarded for the vital contribution you make.
Summary of the role:
Work as a leading engineer within an Agile software delivery team, involved in deployments across different disciplines to add value to the business areas.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, build and run code using industry best practice. You will help in defining the evolvement of best practice, and in the supporting of estimation activities. You may be asked to assume the role of scrum master and manage sprint ceremonies.
- You will potentially have a project leadership role/Technical lead. Your decisions will be of significant value and will contribute to the overall success of the project and wider programme.
- Perform first line peer reviews and provide direction and guidance around the review
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
- Regularly provide technical direction within your team; you will be able to think strategically to give the reasons for aim and direction.
- Architect solutions to design and develop new product functionality
- Accountable for the software produced by your staff.
- Significant experience of working in an Agile delivery team and producing and deploying applications in a production environment through a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience of developing using Cloud services using either AWS or Azure with relevant professional certification
- Experience building enterprise level web applications or services
- Significant experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems and architecting solutions.
- Docker / Kubernetes / GoLang containerisation and orchestration (developer)
- Scrum Master qualification or equivalent experience.
- Infrastructure as code (e.g Terraform)
- Software application development utilizing RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/MySQL) and/or unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Puppet / Chef / Jenkins / CI pipelines
- Apache KAFKA
- Experience of applying Software Architecture Patterns.
- Infrastructure as code technologies and cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Big Data technologies
- Python (cyber)
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
The Cyber, Space & Training business, consists of four mission areas: National Security Cyber; Space & Airborne; Command, Control, Computers & Intelligence (C4I); and Training. Cyber, Space & Training provides our customers unrivalled technical and training services spanning all domains across a wide range of customers.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing toDV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.