Project Manager/Delivery ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 175667BR Most Recent Date Posted 07/25/2021 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Location: Gloucester or Manchester
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic and high performing Delivery/Project Manager to work within Raytheon’s Cyber Centre. The work location will primarily be based in Gloucester office with occasional travel to the other Raytheon site and/or customer sites.
As a Delivery/Project Manager you will be responsible for a variety of concurrent project deliveries and also have responsibilities for administering an effective PMO function. The role embodies the driving force of every project, assuring successful execution, identifying and managing to resolution risks and issues through the use of programmatic controls and techniques.
The successful candidate will be charged with the successful initiation, execution and completion of projects in line with time, quality and cost/profit targets. You will also represent Raytheon to the customer, its suppliers and management. Professionalism and credibility will therefore be key.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Forge strong relationships with external stakeholders whilst establishing trust and internal relationships to ensure that goals and objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed.
- Ensure that effective project management practices in accordance with Raytheon UK process is applied and maintained.
- Establish and maintain a governance structure to ensure coordination of work requests including estimations, work proposals, forecasting and internal reporting. As well as reporting progress routinely and by exception into the Raytheon account, including both scheduled and ad-hoc management briefings.
- Effective communication of project status and delivery to respective stakeholders utilising metrics and scheduling tools where necessary. In addition, produce Schedule performance metrics including Schedule variance, Critical Path Analysis and Schedule performance analysis to support the PMO function.
- Identification of project risk, issues and dependencies, seeking resolution before escalation.
- Supporting the Management of the programme’s PMO function helping seek continuous improvements in measuring and reporting delivery progress.
- Interface with the Finance Team to establish and monitor budget authorisations, by ensuring the availability of supporting data enabling collation and analysis of relevant data such as schedule derived ETCs and factored risk cost exposure.
- Build trust and confidence within the team to a level where they will share problems without fear of blame, retribution or being judged whilst also protecting them from outside interruptions and distractions.
- End to end software delivery management and oversight using Agile principles and Scrum focused teams and where necessary help the team apply and understand the same.
- Work with Business Development, Engineering, Commercial and Programme Leads to assess the Task Orders and develop a technical solution to the Customer’s requirements and develop a Customer bid proposal.
- Interpret customer technical requirements and convert them into deliverable solutions whilst effectively managing scope and customer expectations.
- Provide effective support for the team such as removal of blockers that have been escalated and stakeholder decisions are translated to the team.
- Have an existing Developed Vetting (DV) security clearance or is capable of achieving such a clearance.
- Strong organisational, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills being a team motivator capable of building strong relationships with peers, customers and suppliers at all levels.
- Demonstrable knowledge working within software development teams that diligently apply Scrum and Agile principles, practices, techniques and methodologies.
- Experienced in the principles of Project/Task based Management, Risk Management, MS Project, Programme Performance Reviews and Cost Account Management.
- Experience of managing multiple projects and programmes in a controlled environment, making best use of recognised methods, e.g. PRINCE2
- Sound knowledge of PMO disciplines and techniques.
- Able to lead and support problem solving of complex issues across functional boundaries, to summarise and identify key concerns and follow through with the development and execution of corrective action plans to resolve issues.
- Sound judgement skills, understanding when to own and brief and when to escalate.
- Able to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process
- Computer Science, Engineering or Business Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Experience working within the Cyber and Intelligence Community.
- Experience working within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment.
- Bid and Proposal Management.
- Knowledge of cost Estimating.
- Member of a relevant Engineering or Project Management Professional institution.
- Able to guide, and provide professional planning assistance to all levels of the Team.
- Understanding of applicable government information assurance policies and controls and how to comply with these.
About Raytheon UK
Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role)
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.