Principal Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 166680BR Date posted 08/21/2020 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Looking for something different in your software engineering career? Join Raytheon in Gloucester or Manchester and make a real difference in the fight against cyber-crime.
You’ll be part of a team that embraces Agile working to deliver superior solutions to protect our global customers’ critical infrastructures from the most complex cyber threats. Customer security is at stake. So our work is vitally important.
You’ll be working as a team of specialist developers, testers and analysts to design, develop and maintain critical cyber applications and systems to support government, law enforcement and commercial customers contributing to the development of solutions using the latest technologies.
Main duties of the position
- Requirements elicitation and elaboration with the customer and the wider TRT partner teams;
- Defining requirement compliance and acceptance criteria prior to system and component sign off;
- Maintaining requirements traceability;
- Systems level detailed design;
- Researching and resolving system design issues;
- Provide interpretation of requirements and design into the component design and implementation;
- Conduct Trade Studies between different system/component solution options;
- Validating design documentation from partner teams;
- Experience as a Systems Engineer in software intensive programmes covering the Full Engineering Life Cycle from requirements decomposition to acceptance and customer sign off
- Definition and elaboration of requirements via use case modelling/user story mapping
- Requirements and product roadmap management
- Demonstrable experience of model-based systems architecture/engineering (e.g. MODAF, TOGAF)
- Understanding of the complexities in design and implementation of large-scale information systems
- Ability to take responsibility for technical aspects of a project, and to work closely with project management to deliver
With additional experience in some or all the following: -
- Understanding of definition and implementation of system performance metrics
- Services based software architectures
- Cloud architectures (AWS and/or Azure)
- Data Modelling
- Technical management of partners and subcontractors
- Integration and Testing of large-scale systems
- Information Security Engineering and associated UK government standards
- Experience of Business Change programmes and
- Knowledge of Business/Service process modelling and toolsets e.g. BPMN
- Working within an Agile / SCRUM / DevOps delivery model
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Contribute ideas that promote innovation
- High degree of initiative and flexibility
- Willingness to travel if required
- Willingness to obtain and maintain a UK Government Security Clearance
- Willing to learn
- Good interpersonal skills for customer liaison
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good time management, organisation and prioritization skills
It is preferable that candidates have a background in the delivery of complex and high software (both COTS and bespoke) content systems requiring integration of components from multiple suppliers/partners.
Experience of systems application development in a military or Government project background would be an advantage but is not essential. A broad knowledge of Information Security "best practice" would be useful.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.