Junior IA EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 187839BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Gloucester Country United Kingdom
The Junior Information Assurance (IA) Engineer is a role within the National Security Cyber (NSC) mission area of the Cyber, Space and Training business unit. This role supports the Lead Information Assurance Consultant offering a fresh outlook to problems, gathering the facts and documenting outcomes.
Reporting to the Lead Information Assurance Consultant, you will assist in the protection of information through policy, procedural and technical enhancements. You will be responsible for the creation of new documentation and will review and continually improve the Information Security processes throughout the programme. You will be able to learn in a fast-paced environment, be a critical thinker and ask challenging questions of those around you.
- A strong interest in Cyber Security and Technology.
- Willingness to ask questions and learn from those around you.
- Diligent in your approach to a problem with the ability to use factual information to gain an informed opinion of an issue.
- Some knowledge of cloud security or services.
- Able to create accurate documentation.
- General awareness of IT security measures.
- Highly organised, discrete, outcome focussed, with a “can do” attitude.
- BSc. Information Security or 1+ years’ experience in a programme security environment.
- Professional certifications in Information Security (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CRISC, ISO 27001).
- Demonstrable knowledge of HMG Security Policy Framework, ISO 27001 and NIST controls.
- Enjoys working within a fast-paced environment.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.