Delivery Manager/Scrum MasterBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type DV Relocation eligible No Job ID 168144BR Date posted 09/14/2020 City United Kingdom State Gloucester Country United Kingdom
Location: Manchester or Gloucester
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic and high performing Delivery Manager to work within Raytheon’s Cyber Centre within our Intelligence & Security Business. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of one or more Agile Delivery Teams. It will demand excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The work location will primarily be based in either or Gloucester or Manchester offices with occasional travel to the other Raytheon site and/or customer sites.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Forge strong relationships with external stakeholders to establish trust and internal relationships to ensure the goals/ objectives are clearly communicated, understood and executed by Raytheon and Sub-contractor staff.
- End to end software delivery management/oversight with Agile principles and Scrum focused teams
- Lead and/or facilitate the different Scrum meetings and other discussions to achieve conflict resolutions.
- Challenge existing practices and lead continuous improvement in delivery standards and processes.
- Build trust with the team to a level where they will share problems without fear of blame, retribution or being judged and them having confidence that the SM will solve these problems.
- Interpret customer technical requirements and convert them into deliverable solutions whilst managing scope creep and customer expectations
- Help the team apply the Agile principals and guide them in understanding it.
- Identification of project risk, issues and dependencies and seeking resolution before escalation.
- Effective communication of project status and delivery expectations to all stakeholders utilising metrics and scheduling tools where necessary and appropriate.
- Provide effective support for the team such as removal of blockers that have been escalated and stakeholder decisions are translated to the team.
- Protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions
- Establish and maintain a governance structure to ensure coordination of work requests including estimations, work proposals, forecasting and internal reporting
- Help the team to self-organise and get the most out of their combined skills
- Coaching team on how to break product down to allow frequent testing and release value frequently
- Help a team to mature and guide them through difficult situations to where the team feel comfortable.
- Supporting the Product Owner with grooming, goals and maintaining the product backlog.
- Support the team as a servant leader whenever possible and lead by example.
- Experience and a good grasp of technical knowledge within software development and experience running software development teams that diligently applied Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Knowledge and experience developing Agile based methodologies
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Proactive team builder who can motivate and lead by example, able to build strong relationships with customers and peers. Able to drive multidiscipline teams
- Ability to identify and understand technical issues, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of an action plan to correct or satisfy problem areas
- Innovative & creative problem solver. Able to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Excellent Communication skills – written and verbal at all levels within the organisation and with the customer
- Demonstrable experience in managing stakeholders at all levels including technical and non-technical
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information, culture and process to bring maximum effect in a short space of time.
Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements)
Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride.
All successful applicants must be eligible & willing to obtain a SC clearance with the view to progressing to DV level which would be sponsored by Raytheon UK. For further information on the criteria to obtain this please visit - https://www.gov.uk/security-vetting-and-clearance
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.