Sept 2021 Start Manufacturing Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 167342BR Date posted 09/30/2020 City Glenrothes Country United Kingdom
Req ID: 167342BR
Start: September 2021
Summary of Role:
As a manufacturing engineering graduate you will have the opportunity to work alongside an experienced team of engineers on exciting products and technology, growing your technical knowledge and developing your engineering toolset.
The 2 year programme will include working rotations with each of the main manufacturing engineering teams and you will also join our established Graduate Leadership Development Programme which will provide personal development skills, networking opportunities and an enjoyable learning environment.
This role is ideal for enthusiastic and ambitious graduates who are keen to further their career and take on new challenges.
Lucy (Manufacturing Engineering Graduate 2018)
“I enjoy the variety of work that working as a manufacturing engineering graduate offers. I like to have a combination of practical tasks on the production line, and projects I can work through at my own pace at my desk. There is also a good balance of independent working and group working. One of the most rewarding aspects is being able to identify and implement improvements that can be made to processes I’m working on.”
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplined manufacturing team
- Support the development of new manufacturing processes and products
- Generate manufacturing documentation, risk assessments and improvement activities
- Design and implement test processes and manufacturing processes
- Problem solving and continuous improvement projects
- Manufacturing process design and flow
- Tooling and fixture design, development and fabrication
- Process equipment support and maintenance
- Process programming and machine capability assurance
- Fault-finding and troubleshooting
- Honours (2.1) degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Design, Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or other related STEM degree.
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent
- Good and demonstrable problem solving skills
- Innovative thinker with self-motivation
- Good communicator able to work with others
- Experience within an Engineering or Manufacturing environment
- A passion for manufacturing excellence: getting it right first time, improving and effective problem solving, deploying new techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of Electronics Manufacturing and / or Test
- Membership of University club or other extra-curricular organisations (such as Scouts, Guides, Sports teams or Territorial Army)
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- £28,000 starting salary, plus £2,500 joining bonus, plus twice yearly pay reviews for the first 2 years
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Application Process
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website https://jobs.rtx.com and search by location or Req ID: 167342BR. Candidates need to upload a CV, cover letter and recent academic transcript.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.