Senior Mechanical EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type BC Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 168384BR Most Recent Date Posted 03/11/2021 City Glenrothes Country United Kingdom
Glenrothes / Livingston
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to make their mark on an exciting and well varied range of power conversion products for a multitude of applications spanning a whole host of industries and sectors.
This person will have a passion for their craft and can provide evidence of having a strong track record in producing customer-compliant, full product design solutions.
This role is a key player in supporting the definition of the complete engineering mechanical solution, bring together the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines – including hardware, software, safety, and manufacturing.
The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and make a difference.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Proven team leadership in product developments.
- Ability to lead mechanical teams and represent mechanical engineering in various forums.
- Responsible for the specification compliance of mechanical designs.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of sheet metal enclosures.
- Proficient user of Creo Elements 3D CAD/CAM/CAE solid modelling software
- Proven thermal analysis experience.
- Track record of performing stress / modal analysis investigations.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments
- Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills with that ability to tailor communications to a range of audiences.
- Has the ability to work with Customers to develop technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development.
- Track record in designing products to reliably operate in harsh environments and challenging conditions (vibration, shock, acceleration, temperature and environment).
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Fluid mechanics / thermodynamics / heat transfer.
- Experience working in Defence, Aviation and/or Aerospace sectors.
- Experience managing design and analysis sub-contracts
- Materials experience beyond eg. Plastics/mouldings
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering (minimum) – or equivalent.
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming Chartered.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Manchester Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 95 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5ITM products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37 hour working week with an early finish Friday. Flexible working arrangements may be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow and Glenrothes sites with free snacks and drinks (hot and cold) available at others
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success. Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), D&I counsel and Reservist Network which all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate in.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.