Senior Industrial EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type BC Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 168942BR Most Recent Date Posted 03/11/2021 City Glenrothes Country United Kingdom
Summary of Role:
Provide Industrial Engineering support to Raytheon sites, functions and customers. The role requires a multi-skilled engineer to develop and drive innovation within manufacturing and wider functions from early customer engagement, through development to production set-up and manufacture. The Industrial Engineer will provide technical, business and project management support for a variety of products or projects.
Specific responsibilities include:-
- Provide detailed factory and line layouts using AutoCAD
- Lean manufacturing and capacity equipment planning,
- Provide analysis of current processes using factory simulation tools, value stream mapping, data analysis, PFMEA, etc.
- Participation in initiatives focussed on process improvement and cost reduction of existing lines
- Develop innovative process solutions and proposals for new products or processes.
- Support the development of new projects, technologies or businesses opportunities.
- Analyse and determine equipment, facilities and support requirements for new equipment or processes.
- Able to provide optimisation of assembly lines using work flow analysis, time and motion study, ergonomics and human factors analysis.
- Provide detailed technical reports, presentations and information to support projects.
- Collaborate closely with functions or customers to ensure requirements are met.
- Collaborate with design groups to ensure producibility of product and effective transition to manufacture.
- Degree in an Engineering science e.g. Industrial Engineering or any of the following Electronics, Mechanical, Manufacturing Systems engineering
- Significant Industrial Engineering experience.
- Experience in work measurement programs and analysis of work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- Experience of Health and Safety, risk assessments and experience with statutory bodies responsible for environmental laws
- Ability to create detailed information quickly and present effectively at customer or senior management meetings.
- Knowledge of site facilitation, supply chain requirements and material handling is an advantage.
- Ability to mentor or lead other engineers or projects.
- Knowledge of simulation tools e.g. Witness
- PC literate mainly Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & MS Project.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and statistical inference, SPC, DOE, queuing theory, Six Sigma, etc.
- Use of lean tools including value stream mapping, etc.
- Ability to represent Raytheon at all levels both internal and externally.
- Strong understanding of the key cost drivers in the set-up, development or support of projects, products and the manufacturing process.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.