Project SchedulerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 167345BR Date posted 12/18/2020 City Glenrothes Country United Kingdom
Job Title: Project Controller/Scheduler
Req ID: 167345BR
Location(s): Portsmouth/Harlow/Manchester/Glenrothes (Flexible homeworking options)
Summary of Role:
Raytheon UK is looking for a Project Controller/Scheduler to join their major and strategically important contract to deliver training support services to the Royal Navy.
The role will provide project planning and budget control support including the creation and analysis of variance analysis data to support the programmes in reporting and key decision making.
The Project Controller/Scheduler will work within the Integrated Project Team together with our industry partners to deliver and transform training and training support services to the Royal Navy and to grow the contract.
The main duties of the role include:
- Responsibility for the development and integrity of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and ensuring that all activities, events and milestones are logically linked, fully resourced and aligned to the fiscal calendar.
- Supporting the Programme Manager with analysis of trend data and provision of programme metrics for review at Programme Review Boards.
- Ensuring contractual and programme baseline control management is adopted.
- Supporting the Integrated Project Team on the use and analysis of EV data, and by performing analysis such as critical path, schedule risk analysis and Earned Value variance root cause analysis.
- Monitoring the Programme Timesheet Bookings to ensure accurate cost collection.
- Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived Estimates To Complete (ETCs).
- Supporting the development of Programme Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS) to ensure effective cost and schedule reporting.
- Supporting Bid and Proposal activities through the collation and transfer of Basis of Estimates into the Pricing Team.
- Ensuring consistent application of approved best practice processes and tools.
- Experience of working in a Project / Programme Management / Controls environment.
- Experience of Microsoft Project EPM 2010/13/16, and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their teams’ ability to multi-task, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with Raytheon standard practices and processes.
- Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment.
- Experienced working with multi-disciplined teams over geographically dispersed sites.
- Current holder of, or eligibility to obtain, SC MoD security clearance
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and with presence across other customer sites also, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology.
Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Airborne ISR, Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber & Intelligence.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security.
The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish on Friday
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· Flexible working arrangements
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon UK pro-actively encourages diversity of ideas, thoughts, and networking opportunities and has created Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) including Raytheon Women's Network, RayBAME, YesNet (Young Employees Success Network), Raytheon Reservist Network (RaRe), Raytheon Alliance for Diverse Abilities (RADA), RayPride and all work together with our Diversity & Inclusion council, and all Raytheon employees are welcome to participate regardless of their background.
As a proud contributor to the HM Armed Forces, Raytheon UK signed the HM Armed Forces covenant in 2014. Due to the varied activities and support to our Armed Forces & Reservists,
Raytheon UK has since been awarded the prestigious Covenant ‘Gold Award’ Employee Recognition.
Raytheon UK recognise that our people are the critical factor in our success, and we strive to provide a challenging and rewarding careers.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.