Planning Team LeaderBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Base Line Relocation eligible No Job ID 183411BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/26/2021 City Glenrothes Country United Kingdom
Location(s): Hybrid – Glenrothes/Livingston and remote working
Summary of Role:
Reporting to the Glenrothes Production Material Control Manager, the Planning team leader is responsible for the management of the Production planning process, ensuring long to short term resource and capacity planning are accurate and business aligned.
- Responsible for the accuracy and content of Master Production Schedule, that supports a 100% OTD goal
- Conduct Monthly MPS review & publication of agreed plans
- Short-term Planning (12 week horizon) is level loaded, fit-for-purpose and communicated to the operations team.
- Responsible for ERP system maintenance within scope of Mfg. Systems remit
- Resource and Capacity Planning - 18 month Bill from Book outlook that is robust and aligned to demonstrated capacity
- Output from Resource Planning is adopted, and organisational structure and recruitment policy for Operations mirrors the resource requirements.
- Communication with program and productions teams is robust, and risks are identified, communicated and mitigated with the key stakeholders
- Continuous process improvement, utilising RTX (CORE) philosophy as appropriate. Implement change and contribute in SQCDP improvements.
- Leadership experience of diverse teams
- Strong SAP & MS Office Skills
- Experience in a mixed mode Manufacturing environment utilising lean/kanban techniques and interfaces with ERP systems
- Strong Analytical skills
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation
- Electronics production experience
- Experience in Six Sigma techniques
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
This expectation is that this role will work across multiple shift patterns.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.