Manufacturing Test EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type BC Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 172174BR Most Recent Date Posted 03/18/2021 City Glenrothes Country United Kingdom
Summary of Role:
Support production functional test cell in the efficient execution of complex electronic assembly diagnostics and test equipment maintenance activities
Test engineering role will also enhance technical customer stewardship and continually strive for improved quality and maximum efficiency.
Role will be product focused with a strong involvement in a Functional Test environment.
- Diagnostics of high complexity electronic assemblies
- Support test equipment to ensure minimum downtime
- Improve existing test solutions through yield analysis, test time reduction, faster diagnostic process etc.
- Drive through corrective actions to improve efficiencies & product quality
- Technical advancement / mentorship of diagnostic technicians & junior engineers.
- Enhance customer stewardship, by providing effective solutions to problems and
- Active team member
- Minimum of HND/Degree in electronics related subject, preferably in Electronic Engineering
- Experience in a functional test engineering role either within a military or high reliability manufacturing facility
- Strong knowledge of electronics over a wide range of technologies
- High level diagnostic experience over a wide range of technologies
- Analytical engineer who can process data efficiently to provide solutions to problems and communicate the outcomes at all levels
- Good team player who is willing to take ownership of problems and participate fully in team activities.
- Can demonstrate contribution to specific improvements in test efficiencies
- Confident, self starter who is willing to encourage improvement & challenge the status quo
- Proven technical presentation skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines
- Experience of various test platforms / operating systems
- Has an understanding of ESS
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge and experience of SAP and Shopfloor data collection systems
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements).
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered wherever we can (depending on the role) so please enquire or highlight any request to our Recruitment team to explore flexible working possibilities.
- Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.