Configuration Management / Data Management Profession LeadBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type SC Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 162340BR Date posted 06/05/2020 City Harlow Country United Kingdom
Location: Harlow, Glenrothes or Broughton.
Summary of Role
As a leading international defence organisation we have a unique opportunity for an experienced individual to support the development of our Configuration Management / Data Management (CM/DM) community that operate across the Engineering function.
Seeking a Configuration & Data Management professional, with demonstrable hands-on experience of delivery across a broad portfolio of hardware, software and service programmes. Experience in line managing a CM/DM team is a pre-requisite for the role.
The role will involve understanding the strategic direction for the business, interfacing across all business areas and functions. Central to the role will be identifying improvement opportunities, and execute all approved initiatives to completion. The role also includes providing CM/DM governance and support, becoming part of the direct programme team when required
With no line management responsibilities, this is the ideal role for a hands-on CM/DM practitioner who has the passion and drive to utilise their experience in shaping and influencing the direction of CM/DM across Raytheon.
Due to the CM/DM team being dispersed across multiple sites, and the role requiring an in-depth understanding of all areas of the business, there will be the need for extensive travel across the UK, with potential international travel to US.
- Report to the Head of Engineering Performance Excellence.
- Develop and articulate a good understanding of the current, short- and long-term CM/DM capabilities and capacity, providing well thought recommendations and follow up action plans on how to address gaps.
- Develop the role of CM/DM across the programmes and businesses, promoting best practice and highlighting the tangible benefits.
- Provide significant input to the assignment and re-deployment (including cross-site/program deployment) of CM/DM resources to programs, including supporting recruitment and selection.
- Governance of processes and tools ensuring best practices are adopted (e.g. CM/DM Plans, Basis of Estimates and participation at Gate Reviews). Build a strong CM/DM community, with a continuous improvement, affordability and sustainability ethos.
- Develop meaningful KPI measures that both demonstrate improvement across CM/DM & justify the CM/DM Profession Lead role.
- Manage reach back into the US (corporate and businesses) to make best use of all assets for the Raytheon UK business, and benchmarking with other market leading enterprises.
- Play an active role in growing the capability of engineering within Raytheon UK, leading change where appropriate.
- Demonstrable hands-on CM/DM leadership experience of major programmes across the full programme / product lifecycle.
- Wide and deep knowledge in the concepts, practices and processes of CM/DM in Hardware (e.g. EIA-649), Software and Service Delivery, including effective Engineering Change Management.
- Experience with generating configuration metrics and reports
- Experience with estimating, proposing and managing configuration management cost and schedule on a program.
- Demonstrable ability in developing long-lasting cross-functional relationships, including Programme Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, HR, IT and Finance to achieve results for the main duties above.
- Demonstrable skills in communicating at multiple levels across all business areas within the organisation, and able to influence and negotiate at each level, without formal authority.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to develop and then achieve the measures and targets, with an ability to draw conclusions from disparate sources of data and information.
- A positive outlook with a "can do" attitude, but able to say no
- Resourceful , innovative, adaptable and persuasive, driving through approved change, with no formal authority
- Decisive person who bases their decision on sound reasoning & data.
- Ability to multi-task on several assignments and complete all to a high standard, with a high degree of energy to deliver on commitments
- Ability to listen, understand issues and work collaboratively
- Relevant qualifications in at least one of the following areas: CMII, ITIL, NDIA. Degree qualified in Science, Engineering or Mathematics is desired, but candidates with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Willing and able to obtain SC (preferably DV) level MoD Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of MoD Operating processes / procedures
- Good communication skills, to engage with Suppliers / Customers on a technical data management level
- Working knowledge of finances with an ability to use in building business cases, staff utilisation and headcount
- Experienced in the use of Waterfall techniques using a stage-gate process and Agile in a CM/DM context.
- Experience of industry-standard tools (e.g. PDM – Windchill, Teamcenter, ERP – SAP, Oracle) including their introduction and integration within an enterprise-wide system.
- Understanding of the IT infrastructure and integration of tools and processes for CM/DM Tools.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business
· 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
· Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
· 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’
· Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme’s.
· Enhanced sick pay scheme
· Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
· 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements). Flexible working arrangements can be considered depending on the role and subject to line manager approval.
· Canteen facilities available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites and Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold) available.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.