Prin Eng, Systems EngrgBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 185665BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/17/2021 Country Germany
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
The Lead Systems Engineer is responsible for coordinating and assisting German Air Force (GAF) Depot personnel on upgrading Patriot Radar Digital Processor (RDP) hardware, providing logistics support of the delivered material and pre and post modification testing support.
Primary responsibilities include providing technical assistance with the installation, test, integration, troubleshooting, logistics and checkout of the Patriot RDP upgrade at the German Depot Facility in Mechernich, Germany. The candidate will work directly with the German customer and provide technical and logistical support for the installation of the RDP. This position will require an initial assignment in Andover Massachusetts / Pelham New Hampshire for training prior to deployment to Germany.
This position requires close cooperation with the Radar test team, System Integration and Test and Deployment Fielding Services Integrated Product Team. The candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to work at an international customer site.
This position is an accompanied position and is located at German Depot Facility in Mechernich, Germany.
Candidate will be deployed to Germany from approximately January 2022 to July 2023.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Act as the primary Raytheon technical lead and interface for the installation and test of RDP kits for the GAF.
- Aid in the interpretation and use of technical data packages.
- Track and document the installation and test RDP hardware in Radars.
- Support the use of ECS troubleshooting software aids such as Status Monitor, Switch 9, System Exerciser and Radar Action Cycler, in order to distinguish between digital and analog problems.
- Validate delivered RDP upgrade kits content and assist to process discrepancies.
- Support Radar system testing during the upgrade including the testing schedule and requirements to conduct Radar pre and post modification testing as specified in DAMWO.
- Support the RDP validation process of the upgraded Radar with the Radar Field Test Kit (FTK).
- Support testing of upgrade Radar with evaluating system data prior and after RDP upgrade installation to provide clean diagnostic Radar.
- Support any necessary Radar repair while implementing the RDP upgrade.
- Verify the RDP upgraded Radar successfully completes FTK testing and meets factory performance specifications.
- A monthly report of activities and status report for each Radar’s RDP implementation and validations.
- Utilize schematics, drawings, specifications and General Purpose Electrical/Electronic Test Equipment (GPETE) to troubleshoot and repair faults in the systems / equipment.
- Perform Data gathering, analysis, coordinate special investigations, and corrective action implementation.
- Perform fault detection, isolation, and correction. Capture and record all non-conformances.
This position can be a P4 or a P5 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics, or 2 years of Patriot system operation, maintenance and troubleshooting experience may be substituted for each 1 year of college
- P4 Minimum of 8 years’/P5 minimum of 10 years’ experience with Patriot system, including operation, sustainment and troubleshooting procedures of the Patriot Engagement Control Station and Configuration 3 and 3+ Radar equipment.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in System integration and/or Test on an air defense system, such as Patriot
- Experience interface with customers to manage and supervise logistics, installation and testing tasks for the Patriot Radar
- Intermediate Maintenance/Depot level experience.
- Knowledge in the utilization of common industry external test equipment, such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power meters, frequency counters, spectrum and digital analyzers.
- Demonstrated experience with PATRIOT Department of the Army Modification Work Order (DAMWO) installations and working knowledge with Patriot Technical Manuals.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- An active and in-scope secret US security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Experience with the Patriot RDP upgrades, including the logistics, installation and testing tasks for these upgrades
- Experience supporting Patriot sustainment activities at an international location
- Experience with iMRO and/or ACMS
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.