Sr. Principal IT Architect - Digital SolutionsBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Job ID 167800BR Date posted 09/11/2020 City CA State Tucson Country AZ
Viewed as a leader in the organization, this individual will provide enterprise level architecture including vision, strategy, problem anticipation, and problem solving for the Information Technology function. They will help develop objectives, participate in establishing IT policy and help to set technology standards across multiple IT domains. The individual anticipates IT industry directions as they relate to future architecture needs and project solutions. Remains continuously aware of business, technical, applications, information management, access, and infrastructure issues and acts as a consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
This individual will be part of a team that is responsible for a segment of the overall Enterprise Architecture program, covering the applications architecture discipline. This will require extensive subject matter expertise in applications technologies and the ability to provide actionable guidance to the solutions architecture teams across the organization.
The position requires strong communication skills as the individual will have direct engagement with senior functional leaders as well as internal partners and in some cases external entities, such as Forrester, Gartner, CEB, and MIT CISR. The individual will need to have or develop a deep understanding of the company’s structure, business units, functional organizations and global business services. Experience working with Raytheon business units, functional organizations, and enterprise services is a plus.
- Expected to manage multiple assignments at any one time focusing on solution architecture
- Foster extensive enterprise-wide collaboration to exploit our competitive advantage through leadership for IT solutions architecture
- Integrate application architecture, emerging technologies and develop solutions that help drive complexity reduction
- Participate in the definition of logical reference architectures, best practice, patterns, maturity models and roadmaps
- Participate in the definition of technical capabilities to guide and collaborate with technical architecture group (TAG)s and communities of practice (COP)’s
- Communicate, socialize and educate key stakeholders on the strategies and usage of application architecture efforts
- Maintains visibility in the technical community through technical papers and seminar / conference participation both within and external to Raytheon.
- 10+ years of experience in information technology, systems architecture, systems design, and/or systems engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to debate, negotiate, and influence and work with others in a collaborative and constructive manner
- Previously developed, delivered and supported enterprise scale applications
- Demonstrates an understanding of the application of architecture frameworks and methods (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, DoDAF); certifications a huge plus
- Demonstrated experience in developing and sustaining successful professional networks within a complex enterprise environment
- Architecture certifications (e.g. Raytheon Certified Architect - RCAP, TOGAF)
- ITIL Certification
- Project Management Experience & Certification (e.g. PMP)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.