Automotive Instructor - Garland, TXBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 179185BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/21/2021 City Garland State TX Country United States
- Minimum of two years automotive technician experience
- Current ASE Certified Master Technician
- Thorough knowledge of intricate automotive systems
- Advanced automotive systems diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated ability to work skillfully with highly technical diagnostic equipment, including: Scan Tools, Lab Scopes, DVOMs, Air Conditioning Recycling Equipment, Vibration Diagnostic Equipment, etc.
- Ability to work well with both customers and co-workers in a team environment
- Intermediate computer skills, including the use of the internet, Microsoft Office products and email
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations and work environments
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills
- GM Master Technician Certification highly preferred
- Two years automotive instructor experience
- Previous dealership experience
- Associates degree in Automotive Technology or successful completion of a formal Automotive Technology Program with a high school diploma
- Four years automotive technician experience with a high school diploma may be considered in lieu of a degree
Work is performed in both classroom and shop/lab settings. Working in shop/lab areas may involve exposure to various automotive fumes, fluids, noise, smells, sharp edges and bump hazards that require continuous use of personal protective equipment, i.e., safety glasses, gloves, and head protection. Classroom work may involve standing, sitting, walking, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects. Duties may involve moving materials weighing up to 35 pounds on a regular basis such as automotive components and equipment, as well as papers, files, boxes, computers, etc. Less frequent requirements for moving materials weighing over 35 pounds do exist with the assistance of lifting and moving equipment, i.e., hoists and lift tables. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while working in the shop/lab areas as well as operating equipment such as computer keyboard, monitor, projector, calculator, printer, and standard office equipment.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.179185
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.