Technical WriterBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Negative Vetting 1 - Current Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 181511BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/08/2021 City Garden Island Country Australia
- Join a highly-respected Australian company and global leader;
- Leverage your Technical Writing expertise to build a career in defence technology
- A friendly team environment and free on-site parking located at Stirling & Henderson
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Technical Writer to join Raytheon Australia's Under Water Systems division. As a key member of our engineering and technical support team you will be responsible for the development and peer review of technical publications in line with set schedules and standards for Australia’s fleet of Collins Class Submarines. The successful candidate must have ability to write, rewrite and edit technical documents, including technical procedure manuals, software manuals and operational specifications.
- Author system, maintenance and operator technical publications for electronic, electrical, mechanical, and related equipment;
- Arrange the production of technical illustrations for assigned publications;
- Development of technical publications, scheduling and status reporting;
- Evaluation of publications for conformance to standards and specifications;
- Assist with determining suitability of engineering documentation and related publications
- Previous experience reviewing and checking written information and implementing approved changes is essential;
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information;
- Computer literacy including the use of Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Knowledge of Defence technical publications requirements and Integrated Logistics Support principles and methodologies is desirable;
- A background in Defence related industry is desirable.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career click the “Apply” button now or contact us at email@example.com
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.