Senior CyberDefenseTechnologistBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 166867BR Date posted 09/21/2020 City Fulton State MD Country United States
The successful candidate will assist in implementation and integration of COTS security solutions and infrastructure deployments that enhance and address cybersecurity efforts of the organization, in addition to administration and configuration of existing security technologies deployed throughout the enterprise. The candidate will also be responsible for documentation and reporting of overall cyber-posture, including vulnerability status and remediation, and research conducted for attack techniques or defensive tactics, and therefore will require good communication and interpersonal skills to convey information in a tactful manner and at the technical proficiency of the audience.
This role can be either a G09 or a G10 salary grade. The G10 role requires additional experience and/or education. A minimum of 8 years of professional work experience is required for the G10 level position.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Collaboration with team members to apply a combination of knowledge in enterprise IT and security solutions to integrate, develop, and implement solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Supporting the development and design of future security technology deployments
- System hardening and auditing against industry baselines such as CIS, DISA STIGs, NIST, etc.
- Staying up to date with current vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures
- 6 years of progressive technology experience in deployment, administration, and configuration of security tools
- Understanding of security compliance through NIST 800-171, including implementation, adherence, and auditing against control families
- Technical understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, and basic system administration
- Experience with firewall and proxy technologies (e.g. Palo Alto, Cisco, Forcepoint, Fortinet, Sonicwall, BlueCoat, Barracuda)
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (e.g. Splunk, QRadar, LogRhythm, AlienVault)
- Experience with IDS/IPS, NSM technologies (e.g. Snort, Zeek, Cisco Sourcefire, Corelight, Fireeye, StoneSoft)
- Experience with NAC and DLP technologies (e.g. Cisco, Forescout, Forecpoint, Digital Guardian, McAfee, WatchGuard)
- This position requires the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- Highly motivated with the ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to communicate well in oral and written form
- Experience performing incident response including system and network forensics
- Experience red teaming or penetration testing
- Network administration or design experience
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts
- Proficiency in scripting via bash, python and/or Powershell
- One or more: GIAC, CEH, CHFI, or other security certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree and a minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Master’s degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience
- Professional experience may be substituted for no degree
- CISSP Certification
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.166867
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.