Lead Modeling and Simulation EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret - Current Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 171123BR Date posted 11/03/2020 City Fulton State MD Country United States
We are currently looking for a Principal Systems Engineer/Analyst for our Fulton, Maryland office (in Maple Lawn) who is talented, highly motivated, has a passion for finding innovative solutions to problems, and committed to quality to join our team. You will work with great people who enjoy what they do! Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments.
The person in this position will collaborate with other Systems and Software Engineers to work on software-intense distributed systems and requires a strong background in Mathematics and Analysis.
If you would like to work with great people in a collaborate, flexible environment we encourage you to apply.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. (Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- System requirements analysis, definition and management, System architecture design, Design synthesis, System Modeling, Trade studies, Technical support for software development team, Systems integration, test and performance verification.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise for the business in the area of complex mathematics, design analysis, simulation, system performance testing and internal research for new design concepts.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Systems/Analysis or Software Engineering with DoD contract work required.
- Proven experience developing, assessing and validating complex mathematical solutions such as track filters, track correlation algorithms, and weapon engagement algorithms, for Radar and/or Command and Control programs.
- This position requires an active security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance.
- MS in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or other Engineering related discipline.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or other Engineering related discipline
- Prior experience as a lead analyst/system engineer, developing the system models and simulations, developing complex algorithmic solutions, in a tool such as Matlab, to be implemented in the software product.
- Superior understanding of Kalman track filtering and track management techniques and algorithms and experience developing models of these techniques for detailed behavioral and performance analysis.
- Written communication skills at a level commensurate with expectations for business and customer level presentation and publication.
- Understanding of tactical data links such as Link 16 especially in the area of track management.
- Ability to understand and apply commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field (ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288, Mil-Std-499B).
- Knowledge of Solipsys software products and systems.
- Understanding of C++ and Java Software.
- Appreciation of CMMI processes and standards.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques, and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and the use of a system architecture management tool such as Sparxsystems Enterprise Architect.
- Ability to work with standard MS Office product suite applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, positively influence team members, establish and maintain excellent customer relationships and deliver positive results.
- Willingness for domestic and international travel (~5%).
What We Offer:Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.171123
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.