Systems Engineering - Summer 2021 Interns (Cyber)Businesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 171209BR Date posted 11/05/2020 City Fullerton State CA Country United States
Raytheon Technologies (RTX)
System Design & Architecture Directorate Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD)
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an emphasis in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics, or related technical field.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Leadership or participation in college campus organizations, athletics teams, or community service groups
- Strong analytical skills
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Authored technical papers and/or technical presentations
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to apply systems security engineering concepts, principles, and theories and explain to others who might be unfamiliar
- Ability to pursue information (self-starter), organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Relevant work, course work, or research project experience in offensive or defensive cyber security engineering, computer systems engineering, IT, network security, software assurance, reverse engineering, requirements development, software/hardware integration, configuration management, technical writing, etc.
- Educational background, interest, and/or some working knowledge in the following areas:
- Layered Security Architecture and Designs
- Concepts related to network topologies, network based security (i.e. firewalls, internal/external routing and switching), host based protection, anti-virus, OS patching, system security administration
- Cyber Security policies and risk management best practices such as the NIST Risk Management Framework as described in NIST Special Publication 800-37, DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and/or Program Protection Plan policies (DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39)
- Security systems engineering pertaining to computer hardware and software operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux, Unix), virtual machines (VMWare), and/or application-based solutions in both a stand-alone and/or in LAN/WAN configurations
- Vulnerability testing (or penetration testing) and network and cyber security tools such as Retina, NMap, Nessus, Wireshark, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Metasploit, firewall solutions (Cisco, Juniper, Forcepoint) cross-domain solutions, HIDS/NIDS, etc.
- Encryption and cryptographic concepts, cryptographic applications, and COTS secure products
- Familiarity with a modern computer programming language (e.g. Java, C++, C, Python, Ada) and/or other application or software development experience
What We Offer:
All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies' Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.171209
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.