Software Engineer IIBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute No telecommuting Job ID 177646BR Most Recent Date Posted 04/20/2021 City Fullerton State CA Country United States
Raytheon Missiles and defense offers an innovative and inclusive culture; welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer II to join the Command and Control and Battlefield Radar (C2BFR) software team in Fullerton, California. The C2BFR team utilizes state-of-the-art technologies and real-time computing architectures to provide next-generation radar capabilities to our customers.
The C2BFR department is the focal point for radar software development including target detection, tracking, identification/classification and calibration/diagnostics.
The Software Engineer II will be responsible for supporting multiple programs and multiple platforms within a software product line. The Software Engineer II will be expected to perform as an individual contributor, working as part of a high performing Integrated Product Team. Tasks will include software design, software development, software debugging, integration and testing.
There may be travel opportunities to sites across the United States and internationally to support system integration and test activities.
Required: Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance within 60 days of offer being extended and/or full clearance must be granted within 1 year of start date. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 2 years of experience in all phases of software engineering
- Experience developing Java, C, C++ and/or Ada applications
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems such as VxWorks and Linux
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- Strong verbal communication
BS or MS with an emphasis in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering, or related engineering field.
- 4+ years of experience in all phases of software engineering
- Broad real-time development experience (high performance, multi-threaded embedded software designs)
- Experience in the radar domain such as receiver, exciter, waveforms, digital beamforming, signal processing
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in Linux Real-Time Operating System and/or VxWorks
- Advanced experience developing with C++ using object oriented design
- Software development experience in a Department of Defense environment
- Excellent communication, technical writing, oral presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Experience with DevOps, test automation
- Ability to travel 1-2 weeks each quarter
KEYWORDS: software engineering, java, c, c++, ada, vxworks, matlab, real-time, embedded, radar, linux, agile, scrum, object oriented design, devops, test automation
At Raytheon Technologies, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our company, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by our employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon Technologies offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon Technologies offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.177646
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.