Section Manager III - Tactical C2 Mechanical DesignBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 169117BR Date posted 09/24/2020 City Fullerton State CA Country United States
The candidate will ensure two-way communication for section members; serve as the day-to-day liaison to the programs concerning employee job assignments, performance and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization and interviewing applicants.
The Section Manager will team with the Department Manager in the execution of MPT and Raytheon Missile & Defense Engineering goals. As the manager for the section you will lead diverse teams of engineers by providing highly skilled Multi-Disciplined Engineering design services across all program phases focused mainly on the development, design, and deployment of tactical C2 products for use in US Government and Foreign Military applications. The Section Manager will be responsible for leadership and mentoring of the team in proposal activities, program startup and execution.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Skills & Education:
- 10 years of overall engineering experience in mechanical design, or in design of electromechanical systems integrating custom and COTS electronics in military applications requiring high reliability and extended life
- Leadership experience in frontline or project leader roles
- Experience with an Earned Value Management System
- Experience in military applications and environments
- Six Sigma Specialist certified
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor of Science in any of the following: General Engineering, Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Systems Engineering, Applied Physics or related field
- 12 years of overall engineering experience in mechanical design, or in design of electromechanical systems integrating custom and COTS electronics in military applications requiring high reliability and extended life
- Experience with proposal capture process and development of TINA compliant basis of estimates for US Government contracts
- Experience in requirement compliance and product qualification processes
- Security clearance
- Familiarity with Performance Development Process
- Familiarity with Labor Forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven multitasking skills
- Demonstrated excellence in past work performance
- Working knowledge or experience with military C2 and radar equipment
- Familiarity working with USG, DCMA, and/or customers during program development and selloff
- Experience in technical subcontractor management
- Familiarity with the program financial labor estimation processes
- Earned Value Management System Certified
- Demonstrated team player, with excellent collaboration and mentoring skills
- Advocate for process improvement (eg CMMI, R6S), team builder and able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with internal resources.
- Advanced degree in aforementioned disciplines. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.