Cybersecurity / IA - Senior Systems Engineer / Senior Systems EngineerBusinesses Raytheon Missiles & Defense Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Job ID 168200BR Date posted 09/23/2020 City Fullerton State CA Country United States
Join this highly visible Cyber Security team and perform technically challenging assignments that will directly contribute to protecting our nation and our war fighters.
The Battlefield Radar (BFR) program area is seeking an individual who is experienced in Information Assurance (IA) / Cybersecurity to support ongoing and emerging requirements for the Sentinel radar program. This individual should be knowledgeable of the internals of the Red Hat Linux Operating System. Responsibilities include developing, determining, and implementing technical Cybersecurity solutions and Information Security protections and requirements in developmental and execution environments. Duties will include implementing and troubleshooting security configuration of Linux systems, identifying and implementing protection configurations and solutions, and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related studies, plans, and documentation. Specific tasks could include, but will not be limited to: defining and developing IA/Information Security strategy, plans, and policies; Perform vulnerability assessments; Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities (e.g. DoDI 8510.01, NIST 800-53); implementation of security controls in networking devices, databases, operating systems, hardware and software components; Defining and administering IA Vulnerability Management Program; Conducting technical and nontechnical reviews and audits as necessary to support development and test efforts both in house and at customer sites; Assisting deployed system and security administrators in maintaining the systems accreditation in accordance with the approved IA program and procedures. Travel as required.
- Minimum 4 years systems engineering experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by Intelligence Agencies
- Experience with Systems Engineering requirements, specifications, and processes
- Experience with network and system security administration, including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and CISCO systems
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance within 1 year of employment
- Minimum 1 year of progressive technical (hands-on) experience related to Information Assurance architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
- Extensive Red Hat Linux expertise including the ability to develop, implement, and troubleshoot Linux security functions
- Knowledge of C, Java, Python, Perl, Linux Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Systems and Software development life cycle and development processes, methodologies, and tools
- Ability to see the overall picture and integrate small tasks into the larger system
- Experience implementing DoD and Federal IA Certification and Accreditation Processes, IA controls and developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation
- Experience with IA vulnerability testing and related network and system test tools; e.g., Retina, NMap, Nessus, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- DoDI 8570.01-M IAT Level-I, or IAT Level-II Compliant Certification
- Security-related Network (e.g., Cisco) and Operating Systems (e.g., Solaris) certification or training
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- BS in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Math or related technical field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.168200
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.