Principal Electrical Engr - IPTLBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 181476BR Most Recent Date Posted 08/25/2021 City Ft. Wayne State IN Country United States
Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Digital Design FPGA Engineer to work on Identification of Friend or Foe (IFF) products for defense applications. The position can be located in Aberdeen MD or in Ft Wayne IN. Temporarily telecommuting is also available.
We are looking for an experienced senior level lead hardware engineer with proven management/leadership experience to join our team. The successful candidate will function as the lead hardware engineer for one or more of our programs. As a Lead HW Engineer, you will be responsible for providing day to day oversight and guidance to a group of electrical and mechanical engineers assigned to the program. You are expected to have ownership of the entire HW design including earned value management, tracking and reporting, metrics, highlights, risk and opportunity management, compliance to technical requirements and implementation of best practices and Raytheon processes.
- A minimum of 8 years professional engineering experience with a minimum of 4 years in a Management/Leadership role
- Demonstrated EVMS Experience or other cost account management experience
- Demonstrated task ownership and accountability for multi-discipline teams
- Experience with DoD programs
- Experience in project team leadership, including technical, budget, staffing, and schedule management
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Possess, or able to obtain, Secret security clearance and COMSEC clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
- Experience in cost estimation and metric collection
- Experience in developing architectures based on high level requirements.
- Experience with IFF communications systems
- Experience with Scrum / Agile execution and planning
- Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow-down.
- Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.181476
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.