Painting Process Technician IBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01472344 Most Recent Date Posted 09/13/2021 City Foley State Alabama Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Painter Process Technician I to prepare aircraft components to meet quality and customer requirements.
*Must be willing to work or relocate to Foley, Alabama. No relocation or interview travel reimbursement available.
- Read and interpret blueprint specifications, SRM’s and shop orders to determine area to be sealed and painted.
- Stir mixture with shaker machine or mix by hand.
- Apply cleaning solvent or other solution to interior and exterior surfaces.
- Clean and roughen the surface of objects to be coated.
- Apply paint primers, clear coat, sealants or adhesives.
- Apply spray release to component or sealing material on coated surface for further protection.
- Complete seal and water testing of components.
- Install foam pockets, seal caps or Velcro.
- Install and seal small detail parts or small sub-assemblies.
- Dispose of hazardous material.
- Mask area for application.
- Mix and deliver sealants to specified areas.
- Maintain inventory of chemicals and paints.
- Participate in area organization and cleaning activities.
- Make placards for cataloging of chemicals.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Operate forklift, overhead crane, tugger (will be trained) and drive a golf cart as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- Prior paint or processor experience is a plus along with blueprint and/or specification reading skills
- Able to read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Able to work varying shifts, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and overtime as required.
- Ability to maintain focus regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- Ability to work cooperatively with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and others in a team environment displaying mutual trust and respect.
- Ability to be regular and predictable in attendance.
- Ability to wear a Supplied Air Respirator suit and filtered fitted respirator for 4+ hours a day.
- Ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel for 8+ hours per day and life 35+ pounds repetitively with or without accommodation and meet other physical requirements based on a medical screening following post offer.
- Ability to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, protective clothing, arm sleeves, dust mask, gloves (rubber or latex) and other PPE as needed for 8+ hours per day.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and comply with policies, applicable regulatory, safety and company rules and requirements, operating instructions, procedures and governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated time, priority and stress management skills in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines while maintaining a customer-oriented demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and accept the responsibility for own quality and work assignments.
- Self-directed & action oriented with the ability to work with minimal supervision and resolve most questions and problems.
- Ability to distinguish color differences and form perceptions.
- Sensory Requirements are close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms