Maintenance MechanicBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01465687 Most Recent Date Posted 07/29/2021 City Foley State Alabama Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HAL02: Aerostructures-Foley 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Performs maintenance service and general support duties requiring a high degree of initiative and personal judgment in diagnosing problems, identifies corrective action, scope of task, selections of work methods, and researches necessary information and equipment to accomplish the task.
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to support the manufacture of aviation technology for customers such as Boeing and Airbus.
Completes required preventative maintenance tasks. Performs installations, methodical trouble-shooting, problem solving, tear down, repair, re-assembly and test, fabrication and/or replacement of worn or broken parts of factory equipment and facilities in accordance with OSHA, NFPA, and/or established shop practices.
Provides support of air compressors, boilers and HVAC systems (Closed loop systems). Installs, diagnosis, and repairs of electrical 120VAC, 240 VAC, 480VAC, single and three phase systems with a variety of test equipment, i.e. digital multi-meter, oscilloscope, etc.
Performs plumbing activities to the standard threaded pipe practices as well as PVC and sweated copper connections requiring the use of power threading machines, cement, and/or MAPP gas torch.
Welding / Fabrication skills a plus, but not required.
Performs checks on cooling water treatment for proper chemical balance and environmental compliance.
Performs programming, diagnostics, and repair as needed on multi-axis CNC controls and PLC.
Maintain and repair metal cutting equipment including CNC’s
Maintain and repair facility equipment including HVAC mechanical systems
Must be able to perform the duties of the Machine / Facility Serviceman
Occasionally exposed to Cold, Heat, Dust, Moving Mechanical Parts, and Electric Hazards
- HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with less than 2 years of relevant experience.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder.
- Previous experience conducting maintenance and repairs in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms