Business AnalystBusinesses Collins Aerospace Job ID 01463016 Most Recent Date Posted 07/21/2021 City Foley State Alabama Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HAL11: Aerostructures-AL Srv Ctr 1300 West Fern Ave, Foley, AL, 36535 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Business Analyst focused on improving the overall data foundation of the Aerostructures Aftermarket segment responsible for aircraft Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO). Responsibilities include data collection and management, reporting development, and analytics execution. Ability to build and document efficient methods to query, extract, cleanse, transform/synthesize, summarize, and present data in various formats. Strong communication skills to share results and meaning to business process owners and data consumers. Develop end-to-end BI/Data Analytics solutions using tools such as R, SQL, Python, Power BI (or Tableau) for complex business requirements.
- Develop and maintain the data foundation and data flow for MRO site which includes developing and troubleshooting complex databases and data sources for information management and ad hoc reporting/analysis requirements. Develop advanced visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI) to share data with the organization to drive real-time actions.
- Build scripts to efficiently extract, transform, and load (ETL) large sources of data.
- Automate ETL processes and data transfers to support various reporting visuals/tools.
- Work with management to design the reporting environment necessary to improve user experience, user acceptance, and organizational efficiencies.
- Manage data quality by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct problems.
- Create analytical processes, tools, and models that will provide predictive analysis to facilitate problem resolution & proactive improvement.
- Create procedural documentation, execute testing and validate effectiveness.
- Compose technical documentation for describing source code requirements and user training.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experienceOR in absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Experience with working with enterprise data/ETL and/or data integration platforms.
- MSBI Tools (Data Warehouse, ETL Model).
- Experience with tools such as Power BI (or Tableau).
- Possess a solid understanding of writing queries, and stored procedures in SQL
- Ability to develop, troubleshoot, and enhance data loadings and transformations.
- A love of all things digital and a drive to learn and share new ideas.
- Applied knowledge of Python language.
- 2+ years development experience with Power BI or Tableau
- MSBI Tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Experience in an MRO environment or Aerospace Experience in statistical modeling, predictive analytics, and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with enterprise applications such as MS Dynamics and SAP, AZURE, Python, Microsoft SQL Server Integration, Visual Studio, R, Alteryx, Business Warehouse.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.).
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms