Specialst, State Income TaxBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Job ID 01413369 Date posted 11/17/2020 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT56: 8 Farm Springs 8 Farm Springs, Farmington, CT, 06034 USA
Primary Responsibility: Support the state income tax compliance, reporting and exams processes.
- Prepare/review state apportionment data
- Prepare/review state and local income tax returns, supporting workpapers and estimates/extensions
- Review and respond to state income tax notices
- Update compliance calendars, NOL and credit schedules as needed
- Request/process estimate and extension payments, notice payments, etc.
- Prepare/review government accounting state income/franchise tax allocation calculations
- Compile data necessary to support filing positions taken on originally filed or amended returns
- Compile data necessary to defend against audit assessments
- Conduct tax research
- Prepare responses to state and local income tax auditors requests for information
- Quantify potential tax exposures and assessment analysis
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in accounting. CPA preferred
- Minimum of Three years of tax accounting experience in a large, multi-national, corporate tax or accounting firm environment
Technical Skills & Enabling Competencies
- Working knowledge of tax accounting theory, including ASC 740, FAS 5, etc. including financial statement presentation
- General knowledge of tax planning and reporting functions
- Ability to identify opportunities to combine tax and accounting knowledge to improve business results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to collaborate and coordinate effectively with others throughout tax and finance organizations, at HQ and business units
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and under pressure
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.