Specialist, Audit Controls FACTBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Job ID 01399896 Date posted 05/13/2020 City Farmington State Connecticut Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:UT10: 10 Farm Springs 10 Farm Springs Road, Farmington, CT, 06032 USA
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies (RTX) is an Aerospace and Defense Company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber-security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Additionally, RTX delivers a premium internal audit service that enables our business segments to achieve superior performance. We drive effective risk management, identify opportunities for enhanced efficiency, foster compliance and facilitate constructive change.
Most importantly, RTX develops future business leaders. RTX Internal Audit (IA) is developmental in nature and employees are assisted in furthering career goals through placement into business segment roles at the appropriate time. This group is seen as a premier entry point into the business segments within RTX.
Summary of Position
The Forensic Specialist (Americas) position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a forensic accounting/ fraud professional who seeks to advance existing skills and also contribute to a moderately new corporate function in a fast-paced & diverse international business. The Forensic Specialist role will be a member of the IAD organization focused on fraud and compliance risks – the RTX Forensic Audit & Compliance Team.
This role requires the ability to work effectively on an independent basis, drive timelines and results, and also be able to work as a role-player contributing within a team setting. Candidates must be experienced in handling confidential matters and sensitive information. This role involves approximately 40-50% travel, almost exclusively in the US region. The home office location is flexible, and some virtual office (work from home) requirement is expected.
Specific job responsibilities of a Forensic Specialist include:
- Perform forensic audit projects focused on Anti-Corruption (FCPA), Financial Integrity, and Asset Preservation risks
- Support privileged fraud and compliance investigations which have a financial, accounting, or operational component
- Drive innovation – both independently and within the context of larger team audit projects
- Coach and train Financial & Operations Internal Audit personnel in compliance risks, such as FCPA/ anti-bribery, antitrust, fraud risks, interviewing, data analysis techniques and evaluating audit evidence for indications of potential related issues
- Present results and key insights to IA leadership and other business leaders
- Drive innovation and present new ideas for high-impact, high-value forensic intervention & support
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas of study include Finance, Accounting, Economics, Legal or related field
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant, MBA, or JD a plus
- You've obtained a Bachelor's Degree
- You have 5+ years in technical forensic accounting, audit, fraud and anti-bribery/anti-corruption (FCPA/UK Bribery Act) experience
- Will also consider candidates with advanced degree and 3+ years of experience
- Expert level skills in spreadsheet & database programs (MS Excel & MS Access, ACL, SQL, or any similar platforms)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation and report writing experience
- Experience in advanced data/ statistical analysis tools such as Qlik, Tableau, SPSS or R a strong plus
- Experience in multiple linear regression analysis, Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation, agent-based modeling, discrete event modeling, Bayesian inference, or other advanced methods a strong plus
- Relevant forensic/investigative interviewing experience a strong plus
- Industry background and knowledge of specific aerospace & defense risks a strong plus
We recognize the contributions of our employees by providing competitive wages and a wide array of benefits. We also make the necessary investments in the success of our workforce with an unequaled commitment to continued training and education, a commitment exemplified by our groundbreaking Employee Scholar Program.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms