Internal Control ManagerBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 182031BR Most Recent Date Posted 06/17/2021 City Farmington State CT Country United States
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (NYSC: RTX) is headquartered Waltham, Massachusetts and is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products, systems, and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. Raytheon Technologies is comprised of four industry-leading businesses: Collins Aerospace, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 195,000 employees globally. Most importantly, RTX develops future business leaders.
As RTX continues to provide products and services to our global industries, the opportunities for top talent will continue to be unmatched. Our high-performance culture attracts the best people in their fields – people of diverse backgrounds working together to solve complex problems for a better tomorrow.
About This Position:The Raytheon Technologies’ Corporate Internal Control Team is searching for a dynamic finance professional to step into a Manager role. This position represents an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone who seeks to build on their existing Accounting and/or Audit experience through in-depth exposure to a fast-paced international business.
The Internal Control Manager is a member of the Internal Control Excellence (ICE) program management office (PMO) team, which is inclusive of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) program for Raytheon Technologies. The ICE PMO is responsible for establishing internal control requirements and ensuring compliance with regulations such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, as well as providing support to the Businesses and Corporate for other Finance initiatives. As a member of the ICE PMO, you will interface with Finance and Digital Technologies (DT) across the Company and obtain a “top-down” view of processes that have a material effect on the financial reporting of the Company.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Communicate internal control and SOX requirements and provide guidance, education, and training to Businesses and Corporate Departments (e.g. control evaluation, assessing control weaknesses and developing remediation plans)
- Assist with monitoring BU, Corporate and DT compliance with RTX SOX program requirements and deliverables
- Support the operating effectiveness assessment by testing and/or reviewing the testing of internal controls. Assist with the development of testing requirements and specific test attributes.
- Develop and maintain process flowcharts that outline day-to-day procedures and controls that mitigate financial reporting risks.
- Support the annual entity-level control review by updating documentation and performing testing of controls.
- Analyze service auditor reports (i.e., SSAE16 / SOC 1 reports) and the evaluation of risks to the Company, and document results of analysis.
- Assist with updating and drafting training materials and/or new guidance for use by the Businesses.
- Help drive projects to re-engineer current manual processes and determine where procedures could be automated.
- Assist with the implementation and administration of the new RTX enterprise wide internal control solution
- Assist with other RTX internal control harmonization activities and projects.
- Support Internal Control senior management in liaising with the Company’s internal and external auditors.
- Document and update the Company’s internal controls descriptions and testing attributes for changes in the business, centralization of processes, new accounting pronouncements and other changes as they arise.
- Stay current on regulatory changes, finance best practices, and world-class controls evaluation techniques to ensure added value to the Company.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts within the Company regarding process improvements.
- Complete special projects and other assignments as required
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX)
- Strong understanding of risk assessment, control analysis, audit procedures and/or auditing standards
- Knowledge and experience with internal control testing associated with SOX
- Self-starter; ability to work independently as well as ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to understand business processes and analyze management’s methods for identifying and mitigating risks
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of sampling techniques, risk components, and COSO’s Internal Control-Integrated Framework
Education and Work Experience
- BA/BS in accounting or related field
- 5 years work experience in finance or internal/external auditing
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.