Enterprise Applications Employee Services Technical DirectorBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 187519BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Farmington State CT Country United States
The Raytheon Technologies Enterprise Application Services (EAS) group is seeking a Technical Director for the Employee Services service line area. This leader will be responsible for providing enterprise-level technical leadership and oversight for the entire Employee Services team, which includes architecture and roadmaps, vision, strategy, problem anticipation, and problem solving to meet existing and future business goals. This leader's responsibilities will span both technical and leadership spectrums serving as the Technical Director for the Employee Services portfolio area, which encompasses digital channels (including web and video services), OGC, HR, Payroll, Internal Audit, GSS, and Real Estate functional areas. As a technical leader, he or she will lead, shape, and influence critical and complex technical projects that are enterprise-wide, fostering innovation and best practices, technical mentoring of developers and other technical staff.
The ideal candidate will be called upon to think both strategically and tactically as the situation calls for it and must be able to flex accordingly. They will be looked upon by executives to provide the necessary technical analysis and recommendations that are needed to make major, long-term technical decisions in the company's application space that will meet platform and application needs as outlined by our consumer base. They are responsible for defining long term technical strategic plans and the tactics that are necessary to achieve those plans and objectives. This will involve developing complex processes which account for infrastructure, architecture, and cyber team engagement in order to achieve the desired technical state. This leader works across enterprise to leverage expertise wherever it resides in RTX as needed to support the development and sustainment of applications as EAS continues to drive large scale, transformational initiatives that will consolidate and evolve foundational platforms.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develops objectives, establishes policy and sets technological standards. Anticipates DT industry future directions and relates to future strategy, architecture needs and transformational initiatives required to stay competitive and business outcome driven. Remains continuously aware of business, technical, applications, information management and access, and infrastructure issues and acts as a consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
- Provides subject matter expertise with respect to systems architecture, web design methodologies, applications development, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Provides technical leadership, oversight, and decision making for system architecture, design, and planning. Acts as the chief technical leader for the Employee services organization and collaborates with other peer organizations and Fellows in order to achieve business outcomes.
- Drives activities related to technology roadmap are creation and execution. Works across EAS to drive the development and adoption of IT key capabilities that are both innovative and scalable.
- Support the emerging technology insertion process in EAS, with a focus on innovation from across the organization as well as management-driven initiatives, aligning with the Enterprise processes.
- Partner with the EAS Business Management organization to highlight needed investments on the near and far-term horizons for consideration and review. Conducts financial analysis to determine ROI of proposed investments with support from organizational resources.
- Research and leverage a variety of inputs from industry groups to ensure the organization assesses current state, environmental factors, and emerging capabilities and technologies, to arrive at strategic capability decisions that move the company and EAS forward.
- Minimum of 12 years of professional related experience
- Candidate must have the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas, processes, and technical data in written, graphical, and verbal mediums to technical and non-technical audience. Must be comfortable interfacing with and presenting to Vice Presidents and Executive Directors on a regular basis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate, influence, and lead others collaboratively and constructively
- Candidate must be an innovative and strategic thinker and possess in-depth knowledge of web design and Sitecore, digital asset management, architecture, and application development principles
- Strong analytical and problem determination/resolution skills with a proven track record of achieving desired results
- Broad knowledge and experience working across functions and through value streams to achieve business outcomes
- Ability to convert business needs into executable strategies. Ability to develop strategies that identify and manage risk and opportunity.
- Innovative mindset
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and demonstrated capability to utilize Agile methodologies as a key enabler to accomplish these improvements
- Advanced degree in STEM or related field and/ or MBA
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Math (STEM) or other relevant discipline
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.187519
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.