Director of Enterprise Application Product RoadmapsBusinesses Raytheon Technologies Corporate Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible No Ability to Telecommute Full time telecommuting Job ID 187517BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/12/2021 City Farmington State CT Country United States
The Raytheon Technologies Enterprise Application Services (EAS) group is seeking a Director of Product Roadmaps for the Employee Services service line area. This leader will be responsible for the creation and evolution of product roadmaps for EAS service lines and corresponding functional areas. Product roadmaps will detail the high-level product families in each function which are then translated into technical capabilities and initiatives that are required in order to meet the digital requirements of functional partners such as Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Engineering, etc. This leader will partner closely with functional partners, business relationship managers, and technical experts in order to articulate product roadmap offerings and the translation into technical roadmaps. Once developed, the product roadmaps will serve as a guiding artifact for driving decision-making around resourcing, investments, and priorities for the entire EAS organization.
The ideal candidate will possess a broad organizational understanding of the functional capabilities pipeline and be able to align EAS product roadmaps to meet current and future RTX needs. This leader works across enterprise to leverage expertise wherever it resides in RTX as needed to support roadmap development, analysis and health assessments. This leader will be expected to lead and participate on cross-functional, strategic teams and provide roadmap guidance to a wide range of working teams and projects. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong business acumen and experience as well as strong technical foundation in a STEM or related technical field. Executive presence, communication and influential leadership are key traits for success in this role.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead the organization to define a process for developing product roadmaps for each functional area. Execute that process through the creation of product roadmaps that drive desired business outcomes, leveraging best practices and Agile / CORE principles and practices. Ensures product roadmaps address the full lifecycle and continuously seeks opportunities to optimize and improve the digital products and services that are part of the roadmap.
- Achieve operationalization of roadmaps into Long Range Planning cycles in 2021 & beyond.
- Ensures appropriate technology roadmaps are created and maintained. Work across EAS to drive the development and adoption of IT key capabilities that are both innovative and scalable.
- Support the emerging technology insertion process in EAS, with a focus on innovation from across the organization as well as management-driven initiatives, aligning with the Enterprise processes.
- Develop a process for roadmap analysis and health measurement and facilitate quarterly reviews with functional partners to review product roadmap health and status.
- Partner with the EAS Business Management organization to highlight needed investments on the near and far-term horizons for consideration and review. Conducts financial analysis to determine ROI of proposed investments with support from organizational resources.
- Research and leverage a variety of inputs from industry groups to ensure the organization assesses current state, environmental factors, and emerging capabilities and technologies, to arrive at strategic capability decisions that move the company and EAS forward.
- Minimum of 12 years of professional related experience
- Experience with creating and updating roadmaps
- Experience with SAFe Agile discipline and broad domain knowledge of IT technologies
- Experience working with Sr. LT including VP and Executive Director Levels
- Ability to analyze information and identify relevant facts
- Ability to shape opinions of key stakeholders and influence outcomes
- Proven track record of achieving desired results
- Broad knowledge and experience working across functions and through value streams to achieve business outcomes.
- Ability to convert business needs into executable strategies. Ability to develop strategies that identify and manage risk and opportunity.
- Innovative mindset
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and demonstrated capability to utilize Agile methodologies as a key enabler to accomplish these improvements
- Advanced degree in STEM or related field and/ or MBA
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Math (STEM) or other relevant discipline
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.